Switching libraries on/off

I know that it can be done through edit/preferences of course but if only there was a quicker and easier way of turning any given runtime on/off, it would be great. For example, it would allow for much quicker loading of your base G8 if you have libraries set for characters by vendor. You could only load the data of specific vendors at a given time, for a given project. Something like a tickbox/buttons list that you could call directly as opposed to going through the whole prefs>>> procedure. Does anything exist which meets this sort of need?

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312
    edited March 2022

I think this is something which RiverSoftArt's forthcoming product will be able to help with (if you can wait that long).

Post edited by MelanieL on
  • Ooh thanks MelanieL for pointing out that one. If it can do manually installed characters, then I am totally on board.

• I'm not sure what you are doing in Edit>Preferences, but if you are using Content Directory Manager you can set up alternative content directory sets (and even databases for the Content Management System) and switch setups by selecting a different one.

• That I can, Richard, but the process is tedious if you try to use it for what I wanted. On the other hand, River3d's product will seemingly fit my needs without the need for such drastic measures as tuening a library on or off, it seems. So... I'll keep my fingers crossed :)