Black marks on the skin of my characters

Hi, I have had problems since I started using Daz Studio with the skins of my characters, at a certain point I see black marks on various parts of the body (face, hands, arms) I have seen that it is because of the hair and when I try to adjust it, it remains the same, I restart the render and it looks the same, can there be something else that causes these lines or is it just the hair?

Thank you for your attention, I don't know what to do to solve this :(

error2.jpg
396 x 236 - 205K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189
    edited March 2022

That looks like mesh intersection.

Do the character have a geoshell, and are they (far) away from world origin?

You can try to change instance optimisation in render settings, and see if that solves it.

Post edited by felis on
  • hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited March 2022

This is caused by objects having similar geometry and being so close to one another that their respective polygons share more or less the same exact space.

It happens for example with (too many...) hair bundles when the scalp is too close from the base head mesh.

If you're using hair and those black marks appear about the front head area you should send the hair to blender or ZBrush and use an inflate modifier to make the scalp a bit bigger. Load that as a morph (easier to do with ZBrush as it can replace the original mesh rather than creating a morph).

If you're using a Geometry Shell, aka geoshell (for sweat, wet skin, etc.), select it and inflate it slightely : Parameters Tab > Mesh Offset > Offset Distance

Post edited by hansolocambo on
  • hansolocambo said:

This is caused by objects having similar geometry and being so close to one another that their respective polygons share more or less the same exact space.

It happens for example with (too many...) hair bundles when the scalp is too close from the base head mesh.

If you're using hair and those black marks appear about the front head area you should send the hair to blender or ZBrush and use an inflate modifier to make the scalp a bit bigger. Load that as a morph (easier to do with ZBrush as it can replace the original mesh rather than creating a morph).

It may have a morph to do this, and if not a Push Modifier will do the job in DS (which is what you are using with the Geometry Shell below)

If you're using a Geometry Shell, aka geoshell (for sweat, wet skin, etc.), select it and inflate it slightely : Parameters Tab > Mesh Offset > Offset Distance

• irmamandola117 said:

Hi, I have had problems since I started using Daz Studio with the skins of my characters, at a certain point I see black marks on various parts of the body (face, hands, arms) I have seen that it is because of the hair and when I try to adjust it, it remains the same, I restart the render and it looks the same, can there be something else that causes these lines or is it just the hair?

Thank you for your attention, I don't know what to do to solve this :(

When I get the black lines it's almost always on the forehead, and I can usually fix it by changing the hair's Scale parameter to 100.5% or 101%.  

• ahmed1hseahmed1hse Posts: 21

Richard Haseltine said:

hansolocambo said:

It may have a morph to do this, and if not a Push Modifier will do the job in DS (which is what you are using with the Geometry Shell below)

it worked.....! the push modfier is perfect for this - no black marks on the forehead at all 

Thank you...........!