Geoshell to geometry/prop?

feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128

Hi guys, it's me, your favorite weird-question bringer, again :)

I'm still warring with my cuirass and rivets (https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/555021/character-morph-s-breaks-the-clothing-mesh-custom-made).

Eventually, a genius idea struck me: why don't I create a new "condom-like" mesh over the cuirass and rivets to basically turn those into a single figure? That should definitely fix the moving attachments issue, right?

So, I thought, let's try a geoshell! And that worked great! Until I started thinking about saving it. And here I am again with the question: can I convert a geoshell into actual geometry? Like a prop or whatever that can be saved as an OBJ file?

===

If it's not at all possible, maybe anyone knows a solution for this for Blender or Zbrush or Hexagon?

Post edited by feldarzt on

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,193

Well, I would assume the following should work.

Create a geoshell, hide the character and eyelashes, and export it as an obj. Then you can import it as a new object.

• feldarztfeldarzt Posts: 128
    Yep, that worked. Thanks! However, I overlooked the fact that geoshell creates separate islands of geometry for the rivets. Oh well, my search continues :)

felis said:

Well, I would assume the following should work.

Create a geoshell, hide the character and eyelashes, and export it as an obj. Then you can import it as a new object.

• DryreLDryreL Posts: 29

Hi! Did you find a solution?

• felisfelis Posts: 4,193

If it is the extra geometry, you are talking about, then it can be removed either inside Daz Studio with the geometry editor, or in an external modelling app.