Is there a way to turn off Active Pose?

Is there a way to turn this off? The reason I ask is that its a real pain to deal with when clicking on different parts of a figure in the vviewport when trying to pose them. Its annoying when you get one part of the figure posed, click on the next, and Active Pose will sometimes move other unintended parts of the figure; oftentimes by an unoticeable amount, which means going up and checking the "Undo" feature to make sure Active Pose wasn't applied when clicking on the figure.

This can be avoided by selecting the bones in the top right window, but its not a very convenient way to do this vs. just being able to click on the desired bone in the viewport. Plus there's a similar issue where if you click on something there, it can end up selecting a host of other things and you sometimes have to repeatedly click a few times to get them deselected and click the desired object. Any solutions?

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited March 2022

The arrow tool (see image) will do exactly what you're asking for, unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.

Screenshot 2022-03-17 105532.png
    363 x 159 - 16K
    Post edited by Spacious on
  • magog_a4eb71abmagog_a4eb71ab Posts: 769
    edited March 2022

Spacious said:

The arrow tool (see image) will do exactly what you're asking for, unless I'm misunderstanding the problem.

Thanks, I'll give that a try! When posing characters or selecting objects in the viewport, I was always using the 5th one over from that(the bone one), so I guess I've been using the wrong tool all this time.  

Yup, I've been using the WRONG tool all this time. Color me stupid. angry

P.S. Daz forums seem to be taking a dump yet again... "Error 504" message or something like that when I tried to make this post the first time. I don't know what's going on with their forums, but I think they need a new host or something. I've noticed this happening more frequently with slower access time when trying to get to the forums. frown

Post edited by magog_a4eb71ab on
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

For whatever it's worth when you hover over any of the tools it gives a short description of what they do.  Each of them is quite usefull for different situations.

• ShelLuserShelLuser Posts: 749

I'd also suggest giving the universal tool a try (the icon on the right of the arrow shown above), and maybe also enable the Pose Tool (open the viewport options menu, then enable "Show pose tool"). That can make your life a whole lot easier.