Dresden Circle Not Created at Proper Daz Figure Sale

GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Dresden Circle loads in several hundred times larger than Genesis 8. It simply cannot be used with Daz Figures this way.

Could this be some issue with the installer I wonder? Otherwise, I need to make a return. Please advise

Wrong Scale

WrongScale.jpg
663 x 372 - 65K
Post edited by Greybro on

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

is that a chair? surprise

guess you could group and scale it all for now

• GreybroGreybro Posts: 2,493

Everything is that oversized and even the width doesn't scale right because I believe this entire set was created without using a G8 reference figure for scale and proportion though that is just a guess.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Greybro said:

Everything is that oversized and even the width doesn't scale right because I believe this entire set was created without using a G8 reference figure for scale and proportion though that is just a guess.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

DS is using real world scale, no need to use figures for measuring sticks.

Respectfully, If I want to sit a Genesis 8 character in that chair it should be the correct size without my having top alter the scale manually. As a PA, this is something I was shown as a standard very early on in creating products for this market place and others, so...not sure what you mean, "Real World Scale.""

PerttiA said:

Greybro said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

DS is using real world scale, no need to use figures for measuring sticks.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

BTW

I was not excusing it,

a ticket must be submitted, just suggesting an interim solution if you want to use it

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

Greybro said:

Respectfully, If I want to sit a Genesis 8 character in that chair it should be the correct size without my having top alter the scale manually. As a PA, this is something I was shown as a standard very early on in creating products for this market place and others, so...not sure what you mean, "Real World Scale.""

1 unit is 1 centimeter, if the items, props and/or environment are created with this in mind, they are always the correct scale.

Poser used the height of the figure as the base unit (sort of), ie. it had no real scale and nothing really fit together - This can still be seen on some products.

• PerttiA said:

Greybro said:

1 unit is 1 centimeter, if the items, props and/or environment are created with this in mind, they are always the correct scale.

Poser used the height of the figure as the base unit (sort of), ie. it had no real scale and nothing really fit together - This can still be seen on some products.

Poser's OBJ importer was odd - it wasn't that it used the figure height as a scale, but the scale option in the importer adjusted the items to that percentage of the stock figure's height. If you turned the scaling option right off the OBJ would import at the size it was made at, though there were disputes about what that scale should be (1 unit = 8.6 feet is the official value, but that was not stated for a long time and Daz used 1 unit = eight feet for its content - which is, I would think, why the Millennium people are taller than the default Poser figures).

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,703
    edited March 2022

It's been like that since it came out in 2020, I guess it never got fixed. Someone else pointed it out, but I don't know if they ever filed a ticket about it.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on
    No offense taken.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

BTW

I was not excusing it,

a ticket must be submitted, just suggesting an interim solution if you want to use it

Thanks for schooling me.

Richard Haseltine said:

PerttiA said:

Greybro said:

Poser's OBJ importer was odd - it wasn't that it used the figure height as a scale, but the scale option in the importer adjusted the items to that percentage of the stock figure's height. If you turned the scaling option right off the OBJ would import at the size it was made at, though there were disputes about what that scale should be (1 unit = 8.6 feet is the official value, but that was not stated for a long time and Daz used 1 unit = eight feet for its content - which is, I would think, why the Millennium people are taller than the default Poser figures).