I can't get the morph loader pro tool to work.

Hi.
I'm getting a "Geometry did not match, failed to create morph." while trying to use the morph loader pro tool.
I'm using a .obj as the morph file, exported straight from daz studio. I also compared the export with the original. Same geometry, same scale.

What could be causing this? Any way to get a more detailed error description of what went wrong from daz?

Daz studio ver. 4.20.0.2

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

You haven't stated what it is you are trying to morph.

Some typical issues is, forgetting to set resolution to 'base' or remove eyelashes before exporting.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

felis said:

You haven't stated what it is you are trying to morph.

Some typical issues is, forgetting to set resolution to 'base' or remove eyelashes before exporting.

And the tear if using 8.1.

• Sorry for the late response!

I am trying to morph a stock genesis 8 basic female. Just for the sake of troubleshooting, I am using the .obj export just as it is as the morph object.
    Eyelashes were removed before export.
    I don't see resolution settings anywhere can you elaborate.
    The help is much appreciated!

image image

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited March 2022

SUbD Level or Base resolution is on the Figure itself, on the parameters pane, before export.  Although as I remember it, DAZ will just unsubdivide your morph model to base resolution, and as long as you haven't added or deleted any vertexes in your sculpting process it will still work fine.  With that said it's really a lot easier to sculpt in base resolutiuon anyway, since DAZ does not give us the ability to make our own HD morphs.

You may want to uncheck Write Seperate Objects.  I'm not sure if that matters, but I checked the settings I use and I don't have that checked.  Also for this purpose surfaces are not needed, so you could uncheck that if you want.

The important parts are the import into, export out of, and sculping itself in whatever modeling program you're using.  That's where you get the options to Preserve Vertex order and Polygroups.  I'm assuming you're using Blender, since that's the import and export scale you've chosen.

Depending on what version of Blender you're using there may or may not be Keep Vertex Order and Polygroups options for both import and export, but there will be for either import or expot, I can't remember which one now.  Screenshots here are from Blender 3.0.1.

As far as the sculpting goes, you need to make sure that whatever tool you are using does not add or subtract any vertexes.  This means no Remesh, Retopo, or Dynotopo.  You can only move vertexes around.

Hopefully this helps.

Import.png
    350 x 579 - 59K
    Export.png
    340 x 594 - 61K
    Post edited by Spacious on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

There is also "Export Base Resolution Obj" script in "...\People\Genesis 8 [gender]\Developer Kit\" for creating morphs.

• Thank you for the advice, I'll keep it in mind.

Changing the resolution to base did the trick.