I want to use Path Constraint in my DAZ animation.

I want to animate a train running on rails, a fighter plane flying along a path (with its nose pointing tangentially), or the rotation of a tank's crawler.

Comments

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,120

only way I know to do this, is animate an object to parent it to in another software and export that animation as an FBX, dae or BVH ( varies what works in different softwares)

I use Carrara myself that has paths but other programs do too

then use that animation on or to parent your train to in DAZ (varies again according to type)

• Space JingorohSpace Jingoroh Posts: 128
    edited August 28

WendyLuvsCatz said:

only way I know to do this, is animate an object to parent it to in another software and export that animation as an FBX, dae or BVH ( varies what works in different softwares)

I use Carrara myself that has paths but other programs do too

then use that animation on or to parent your train to in DAZ (varies again according to type)

Thank you for your answer.
     Does this mean that it is impossible to do path-constraint with DAZ alone without relying on other CG tools?
     If I want to create a complex animation, it would be very time consuming.

If I want to create an animation while adjusting camera work, lighting work, and the relationship between the movement and shadows of various other subjects, it would be useful to have Path Constraint, which can be completed using DAZ alone.

Dogfights in 3D space, even for simple movements, can be very labor intensive, even with graphMate and keyMate.

Click on the image "Flight_maneuver Test01.mp4"

It is difficult to create smooth movements and partial speed control.

Post edited by Space Jingoroh on
    edited March 2022
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,734

Space Jingoroh said:

I would be happy to do this just on Daz.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-10AC3D82-523D-4670-8240-D6E3AC79F0BF-htm.html

and

LOL, I think everyone would, but you are comparing the features of a $1700 a year software to a free hobbyists software, big difference. Blender might be able to do what you need.

edited March 2022

FSMCDesigns said:

Space Jingoroh said:

I would be happy to do this just on Daz.

https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/learn-explore/caas/CloudHelp/cloudhelp/2016/ENU/3DSMax/files/GUID-10AC3D82-523D-4670-8240-D6E3AC79F0BF-htm.html

and

LOL, I think everyone would, but you are comparing the features of a $1700 a year software to a free hobbyists software, big difference. Blender might be able to do what you need.

If price were a point of contention, there would be none of the features that DazStudio, which is free, must have. 
     On the contrary, DazStudio itself would not even need to exist.

I already have Blender and other low cost but CG tools that have Path Constraint.
     What I want is to be able to operate Path Constraint on DazStudio.

I don't think Path Constraint is a particularly expensive feature, just that when I looked for an easy-to-understand instructional video and attached it, it happened to be 3ds Max.

• Rascal3DRascal3D Posts: 288

Have you checked out 3D Univserse "Daz Studio Animation Tools - Set 1"?  It has a path plotter script that might be what you are searching for.  Personally I have not used it yet, but I have their "Limbstick" product and it is easy to use and works really well.

edited March 2022

Rascal3D said:

Have you checked out 3D Univserse "Daz Studio Animation Tools - Set 1"?  It has a path plotter script that might be what you are searching for.  Personally I have not used it yet, but I have their "Limbstick" product and it is easy to use and works really well.

Thank you for your answer.
     I have already purchased "Daz Studio Animation Tools - Set 1".
     I also use 3D Univserse's animation tools such as LimbStick and Spring Dynamics, which are very useful.

The "Path Plotter" in "Daz Studio Animation Tools - Set 1" is a reverse action tool of "Path Constraint".
     This tool draws and displays a path from an animation created by hand, working backwards.
     It also plots the position of the object at each frame.
     This tool helps you fine-tune the animation, which is difficult to do by hand, by visualizing it.

2022-03-20.png
    1920 x 1200 - 315K
    edited June 30

I don't think it is impossible, since aniMate2 already has a similar function.

However, aniMate2 is very difficult to use and can only be used for a specific product, so motion paths cannot be used for props such as vehicles.

With DazStudio, it is very difficult to produce complex flying object maneuver animations.

2024-06-30.png
    1920 x 1080 - 264K
    edited September 22

Mopat for Daz Studio tutorial

I want this product very much!
     I have been waiting for this product for a long time.

2024-09-22.png
    1265 x 708 - 441K