Clothing Prop into Normal Clothing

Does anyone know if it's even possible to turn a clothing prop into a normal clothing item?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

All Daz clothing begins life as a static prop. Look for tutorials on the Transfer Utility.

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387

What figure is the clothing for? Transfer utility is for weight mapped figures like the Genesis line, for figures using Poser parametric rigging like V4 you'd use different tools.

• The item is a Stocking created by Powerage:  https://www.renderosity.com/rr/mod/bcs/stockings-suspenders-collection-for-g3-females/118637/ ;  I tried the Transfer Utility but it doesn't find the stockings

• Those use Geometry Shells - a live copy of the base figure with its own material settings. Whata re you hoping to gain by making a separate item from it?

• Richard Haseltine said:

Those use Geometry Shells - a live copy of the base figure with its own material settings. Whata re you hoping to gain by making a separate item from it?

I'm hoping to have something that is easier to use on characters that a prop.   The artist who gave me the clothes files uses that for the character, but it is annoying so I'm hoping to find a way to turn it into a normal clothing item

• It isn't a prop - it's a live copy of the figure, which updates as the figure is posed.

• Richard Haseltine said:

It isn't a prop - it's a live copy of the figure, which updates as the figure is posed.

But is there still a way to turn it into a normal piece of clothing?

• marcicollins395 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

It isn't a prop - it's a live copy of the figure, which updates as the figure is posed.

But is there still a way to turn it into a normal piece of clothing?

To what end? There are limits, given the nature of the item, so it may well not do what you would want after creating a seoarate item - and it would use more resources..