Wind Node Simulation - Billowing Effect Settings

I've been playing around with the simulation settings a lot more trying to vary the kind of effects that I make. However, I cannot for the life of me figure out how to properly make a billowing effect on clothing. Kind of like on capes when someone is floating in the air. Or the way that anime characters' clothes will billow with the power from their charge up. I can't figure out if it's the angle that I've got it at or if it's the amount of force, I really don't know. I thought that it might be time to reach out for help on the matter. I'll add some pictures for reference but thank you for the help in advanced. 

After going onto google and looking for some of the pictures, I realized how hard it was to find what I was looking for. So, for any anime fans, if you've seen Bleach and you've seen the way their clothes look when they power up, that's the kind of effect that I'm going for. 

victorian-woman-in-a-billowing-dress-lee-avison.jpg
598 x 900 - 147K

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited March 2022

Probably the easiest way to achieve the look in the reference picture would be to move the figure up in the first frame of the timeline and back down on frame 15 or 20, and do an animated dforce sim.  The downward movement will cause the skirt to billow like that and as it settles one of the frames will probably look like what you want.

Post edited by Spacious on