gen8 m keeps losing duf??

This is driving me crazy.  Studio 4.20.2 and at first, everything was fine with the Gen8 males.  Lately, I keep getting "Genesis 8 basic male.duf" File does not exist.  I checked, it's right where it always was.  (Same for 8.1 btw)  I re-installed Studio and it worked again... until I powered down.  Nextv day, same problem.  I uninstalled the Starter Pack a few times now, and it STILL gives me that error.  The path is set in the download manager.  Makes no difference if I manually install or let the manager do it.

The funny thing is, if I load a pre-made character, all is well, it's "just" the base models that screw up.  Sorry if this doesn't make much sense, I am a very newbie to Studio...

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Did you happen to install it inside Studio with Connect and also outside Studio with DIM or Central?

• IceCrMn said:

Did you happen to install it inside Studio with Connect and also outside Studio with DIM or Central?

Yes, I did the original update from within Studio, and the re-install from Central.  Now it won't install at all anymore, it freezes halfway.  I am at a loss here.  The old version did not have this /&%$(

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

If you have installed within Daz Studio, then that has priority if you also use other installation methods, even if that install is broken.

You can try inside DS to right-click the product icon and select uninstall, and after that try to install with Daz Central.