Install issues: DIM and Daz Central install but a few show gray in Daz Studio

I recently had to move to a new HD due to a crashed drive which meant I had to reinstall Daz and all my packages.  

99% of my packages downloaded and installed just fine from DIM.  

However, some still show gray in Daz Studio.

Example: Ye Olde Library and Ye Olde Library Add-Ons 

Some show gray but actually work (Genisys 8 Male Expressions) that is to say the associated dials are available.

I tried uninstalling with DIM and reinstalling. I tried uninstalling with Daz Central and reinstalling. The only thing that works is to install from inside Daz Studio.  

Unfortunately Daz Studio installs in a really weird directory that's completely different than DIM and Daz Central (who both install to the same place).  

On a scale of 1 to 10 with 10 being very angry...I put this as a 2 for mildly annoyed but not a significant inconvenience.

Is there something I'm doing wrong or is it just something that happens? 

Comments

• If you uninstall and reinstall soemthign that is working does it still work? Does it show as uninstalled in-between?

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013
    edited March 2022

You don't get gray icons if you don't log in to DS... Ever.

The only reason to log in to DS, is for installing products inside DS into those weird directories, in which case those installations will override products that are installed with DIM/DAZ Central/manually, even when the installations within DS fail.

Installing products first with DIM/DAZ Central/Manually and then logging in to DS and letting DS (actually DAZ Connect) install the products the second time, also uses twice the storage space as the files are stored in two different locations.

Post edited by PerttiA on
  • AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

Richard Haseltine said:

If you uninstall and reinstall soemthign that is working does it still work? Does it show as uninstalled in-between?

Yep! 

If I uninstall it goes gray. If I reinstall it shows in color and it works fine. I can also check on the file locations and they all show up where expected.

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403

PerttiA said:

You don't get gray icons if you don't log in to DS... Ever.

The only reason to log in to DS, is for installing products inside DS into those weird directories, in which case those installations will override products that are installed with DIM/DAZ Central/manually, even when the installations within DS fail.

Installing products first with DIM/DAZ Central/Manually and then logging in to DS and letting DS (actually DAZ Connect) install the products the second time, also uses twice the storage space as the files are stored in two different locations.

I learned that second part my last install. I only used it with the Das Connect when the icons are gray. 

Unfortunately, if I don't log on to Das Studio then the files that are gray would be missing. 

I'm not sure what's causing the disconnect but it's really funky.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404
    edited March 2022

I used Daz Central to set a path for my HHD. Then delete the recommended paths in DIM then install all products. They will install to the new Path. Even your manifest files will be in the path that you want. Then you can share all that across the network. Just have to install Daz on the other computer point to the path. 

2022-03-11.png
    1920 x 1080 - 271K
    Post edited by AgitatedRiot on