Old Character not appearing as a transfer utility source

Hello everyone. 

I have modelled a dress for an older, non genesis character in Marvelous Designer wishing to make a dforce conforming garment of it in DAZ studio. 

Done in MD exported as an FBX, then tried to run a transfer utility to rig according to the said character, but the character is not available in the dropdown menu to be set as a source.

Is there a way I can get past this problem? I will drop some screenshots below.

Screenshot-2.jpg
1920 x 1014 - 214K
Screenshot-1.jpg
1920 x 1014 - 204K

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,387
    edited March 2022

Transfer utility can only rig clothes for weightmapped figures.
    Your figure probably isn't weight mapped but using older Poser parametric rigging. You can rig conforming items for those figures using the figure setup tools, like one would do for V4 clothes.

Post edited by Leana on
  • This is the Transfer Utility, not AutoFit - though the issue would eb the same with either, you cannot project weights from a legacy (Poser) rigged figure like Krystal. You could do a pure dForce simulation, though - just leave the clothing unrigged and start from the zero pose in your simulation.

• Bigjim3DBigjim3D Posts: 11
    edited March 2022

Hello and thank you for your answers. Richard Haseltine, it's been nine years since you have answered my first post. Thank you for your service, man.

Yes, a d force simulation seems to work fair enough, though it costs some simulation time. Since we are here, I'd like to ask something else. Concerning animation, I think when I did animate many years ago, there was an option to pin a certain bone for a said number of frames, and after those unpin it? I cannot remember exactly how I did it, but I am sure I did. Is there a way you know how can that be done?

Post edited by Bigjim3D on
  • I don't recall there ever having been a time-limited pin in the core application, but it may be that one of casual's scripts was able to do something similar.

• Bigjim3DBigjim3D Posts: 11

Spot on again Richard.

Thank you. Have a good one!