dForce Simulation Error

I have problems with dForce going into an error state while performing simulations. When hitting the simulation button it simply says ""Error during simulation. See the log files for more." I am building scenes for potential sequences in 3d novellas. Whne this happens it kills all of the customization I have built in the scenes.  After closing the scene and rebooting,the error will clear for a few tries and then occur again. The loading time in Daz Studio can be 20 minutes. How dow we fix this issue?

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,189

What does the log file say about the error?

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

bueller1998_df4ca4b697 said:

I have problems with dForce going into an error state while performing simulations. When hitting the simulation button it simply says ""Error during simulation. See the log files for more." I am building scenes for potential sequences in 3d novellas. Whne this happens it kills all of the customization I have built in the scenes.  After closing the scene and rebooting,the error will clear for a few tries and then occur again. The loading time in Daz Studio can be 20 minutes. How dow we fix this issue?

I had this problem a few times. It would even do it on a restart of the Machine. What I did to correct it was just to reinstall the video drivers. Just so you know I have limited experience with this software any advice I give can and should be ignored.

• How do I find the log to read the errors?

I will also check my video drivers to see if they are up to date

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

This error will also appear when there is a huge amount of geometry in the scene.  Try hiding items that really won't interact with the dForce items.

bueller1998_df4ca4b697 said:

How do I find the log to read the errors?

I will also check my video drivers to see if they are up to date

Help > Trouble shooting > View Log 

• What does this mean?  I copied from the endof the log after my last dForce item faild to simulate

2022-03-10 16:17:58.108 [INFO] :: Found 100 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Echo 8.1 HD". Removing unused vert(s) from sim.

2022-03-10 16:17:58.181 [INFO] :: Found 100 unused vert(s) on the geometry of node "Genesis 8.1 Female". Removing unused vert(s) from sim.

2022-03-10 16:18:02.821 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzopenclkernelfactory.cpp(32): Open CL notify: CL_MEM_OBJECT_ALLOCATION_FAILURE error executing CL_COMMAND_MAP_BUFFER on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti (Device 0).

2022-03-10 16:18:02.826 [WARNING] :: ..\..\..\src\dzdynamicsengine.cpp(2489): ERROR: clEnqueueMapBuffer (-4)

2022-03-10 16:18:03.052 [INFO] :: Total Simulation Time: 5.3 seconds

edited March 2022

I would guess that the unused vert info is regarding interior geometry that is not needed for a sim, but that could be wrong.  The warning about memory allocation seems likely to be the GPU not having enough memory to do the sim.  And the last warning is likely from the Dforce simitseld not being able to run because of the previous warning.

Again try hiding items that really won't be part of the simulation.  If that doesn't work save your scene or scene subset, and actually delete the items that won't be part of the sim.  You can replace items like floors and architecture with primitives if your simulation will be interacting with them.

Post edited by Spacious on

Have you uninstalled and reinstalled your GPU driver. Just a takes bit no harm no foul if that doesn't fix it.

Is it any simulation that won't work, so if you simulate a primitive it fails too?

• It seems like the common thread regarding Daz Studio:  If you build single charcaters or empty scenes  and use things one at a time they work. But if you want a whole scene to come together, the technology is still significantly flawed. You see all of these great scenes in the promo images, and then find out you have to render individual items separately and combine them in photoshop.  It is dissapointing that on my 2080Ti card a 3 character scene runs out of memory to run dforce simulations.  I would certainly call that a flaw in the software. Very frustrating.

• It's a flaw, but getting agreement over whether it's a hardware or software flaw will be impossible. The software people will say it'd work with better hardware, the hardware people will say it'd work with better software. Either way, the user is left finding work arounds. Doing it one simulation at a time is the best suggestion to-date.

It's not that the technology is flawed, but that we as users are simply asking it to do too much.  Let's remember that it wasn't that long ago when absolutely none of this was possible at all.

• tkdroberttkdrobert Posts: 3,538

I'm having this problem.  Just started about a week ot so ago.  Got to be software or driver.  Anyone solve this yet?

• tkdrobert said:

I'm having this problem.  Just started about a week ot so ago.  Got to be software or driver.  Anyone solve this yet?

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/597256/dforce-not-working-with-nvdia-studio-driver-version-522-30-studio-4-21#latest 

edited November 2022

Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA search for your card download using custom install. Check the box for a fresh install of the driver.  517.x and below.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • cassandracassandra Posts: 28

Spacious said:

This error will also appear when there is a huge amount of geometry in the scene.  Try hiding items that really won't interact with the dForce items.

Thank you, Spacious! Never occurred to me - but this actually solved the issue I had. 

• backgroundbackground Posts: 381

You can also try using the 'simulate selected' option to apply dforce to individual parts rather than all dforce objects in the scene at the same time.

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,545

Well updating my driver isn't going to help since the last update was in 2018. Hiding everything but G8 and the Dress seems to be working tho.