How to trim the grass?

nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

I think I know how but how do I trim the overflow grass from over the edges of the gray path? See attached for illustration.

With the geometry editor & delete?

overflow grass.png
992 x 616 - 762K
Post edited by nonesuch00 on

Comments

• Was this meant to be a reply to a thread, rather than a new thread? Ultra Scenery perhaps?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Richard Haseltine said:

Was this meant to be a reply to a thread, rather than a new thread? Ultra Scenery perhaps?

No, I forget to attach the screenshot. It's an old grass model called "Grassy Grounds Megapack" with various modeled grass. 

I am duplicating them and attached to a modeled pathway. There is overflow of the grass in some cases that can't be help. I want to edit & delete this in DAZ Studio to not overflow. Then I will export as FBX.

By the way, when I export as FBX the combined path & grass, I want the grass to stay scaled and at the same relative location to the path. The grass stays scaled, but the relative location changes to the location it would be at if the grass had NEVER been scaled. Is there a way to stop that?   

I don't think I can use the "Send to Unity" plugin because that only is working to send single mesh simple props, when I tried it, & not a prop with multiple props parented, scaled, and translated into location. At least it didn't for the prop I sent which also included a non-character figure.

• The Geoemtry eduitor in marquee selection mode would be the thing I used to edit the grasas, if there are no built-in options.

I'm not sure about the FBX issue - could you not use OBJ for this?

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

Richard Haseltine said:

The Geoemtry eduitor in marquee selection mode would be the thing I used to edit the grasas, if there are no built-in options.

I'm not sure about the FBX issue - could you not use OBJ for this?

Yes, maybe. If not I'll import the obj to Blender and join them.