I can't select forearms in a specific model

I have this problem with a model that won't let me select the forearms by clicking on them. I can select them if I find them in the scene's list, but I can't click on them. It doesn't hightlight when I hover over the forearms either. I have checked if the arrow beside the forearms is ticked - it is. At first it only happened to one forearm, but now it's both of them. This only happens with this specific part on this specific figure. Other models are fine.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Comments

• Are there clothes or other items fitted to the figure?

• hozeskhozesk Posts: 6

Richard Haseltine said:

Are there clothes or other items fitted to the figure?

No. This happens with the naked figure.

• hansolocambohansolocambo Posts: 649
    edited March 2022

1/ "in a specific model". Sharing the model's name/bundfle  would be faster and much more useful to understand your issue ;)

2/ Try that maybe :

- Scene Tab : select the Genesis bone that correspond to the portion you can't select.

- Tool Settings tab : Active Tool > Joint Editor Tool (Alt+Shift+J),

- Tool Settings tab : Change "Selection Group" (if it's set to None) to one of the available choices. For Example Right Shoulder Bend's selection group should be "rShoulder", Right Shoulder Twist's selection group should be "none", Right Forearm Bend's selection group should be "rForearm", and so on.

If one bone that should be selectable is not part of a selection group then you can't select the object in the viewport.

Image removed

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • hozeskhozesk Posts: 6
    edited March 2022

hansolocambo said:

1/ "in a specific model". Sharing the model's name/bundfle  would be faster and much more useful to understand your issue ;)

2/ Try that maybe :

- Scene Tab : select the Genesis bone that correspond to the portion you can't select.

- Tool Settings tab : Active Tool > Joint Editor Tool (Alt+Shift+J),

- Tool Settings tab : Change "Selection Group" (if it's set to None) to one of the available choices. For Example Right Shoulder Bend's selection group should be "rShoulder", Right Shoulder Twist's selection group should be "none", Right Forearm Bend's selection group should be "rForearm", and so on.

If one bone that should be selectable is not part of a selection group then you can't select the object in the viewport.

That solved the problem! Thank you very much for your help! :D

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on