MMX Face Paint Mini for Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 - Black mask effect?

Applied an MMX Face Paint Mini geoshell and a pattern to my Gen8 Female, but when rendered (spot or regular), it produces a black mask over the parts of the face not covered by the face paint.  Clearer in the attached image.  No idea why this would be.  Turning off the geoshell's visibility removes the effect, so it's not a "caused by some other attachment" issue.  Of course, MMX Face Paint Mini for Genesis 3, 8 and 8.1 has been pulled from the product library, so there's no documentation now.

I appreciate any help!

Spot Render Issues.jpg
2358 x 1058 - 594K

Comments

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,312

The product (a PA Holiday freebie last December) should still be in your account Product Library HERE, so you can still read the details originally on the store page by expanding the "Description" and "Whats Included" arrows. Also the ReadMe file is still HERE -

I've never used the product, so sorry I can't help more.

• SakarosSakaros Posts: 18

UPDATE: In case anyone experiences similar issues, creating a full-body Geoshell from the Create menu and applying the MMX Face Paint Mini material to the Face section of that has solved the issue (so far).

• MattymanxMattymanx Posts: 6,898

Hey Sakaros,

There is a correlation between the distance of the camera from the character and the mesh offset of the geosell.

By default, the mesh offset of a geoshell is "0.1"  However, the default in the FacePaint Mini set is "0.001"  This was done to avoid having it look like its floating.

Try adjusting the mesh offset with the included presets.  What will look best will depend per scene.