My workspace keeps getting reset

I'm sorry to post so often here, I've been having major problems cropping out all of a sudden. I just updated to DAZ 4.20 and every time I close DAZ and then open it again, my workspace keeps getting reset to default and all my custom action scripts are gone. I keep having to reload my custom workspace and set all scripts again. Just what is going on??

Comments

• This is a known issue, the Public Build has a prospective fix - if that works as hoped then the General Release should be updated to match.

• RobertDyRobertDy Posts: 265

Richard Haseltine said:

This is a known issue, the Public Build has a prospective fix - if that works as hoped then the General Release should be updated to match.

I see, how do I roll back to 4.19?

• RobertDy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

This is a known issue, the Public Build has a prospective fix - if that works as hoped then the General Release should be updated to match.

With difficulty, since there wasn't one. If you want to roll back to the previous version, 4.16.0.3 I think, then you can do it if you backed up your installers before downloadign 4.20.0.2. There is, however, a workaround - manually create the needed files in the destination folder and the save will work: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7341351/#Comment_7341351

• jc3_113jc3_113 Posts: 41

Richard Haseltine said:

RobertDy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

With difficulty, since there wasn't one. If you want to roll back to the previous version, 4.16.0.3 I think, then you can do it if you backed up your installers before downloadign 4.20.0.2. There is, however, a workaround - manually create the needed files in the destination folder and the save will work: https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7341351/#Comment_7341351

4.20.0.2 was fine for me...until I bought a new laptop yesterday, after installing the daz studio, it just kept resetting my workspace.

For those who still need a temporary solution, just change the path to %AppData%/DAZ 3D/Studio4  and do the same like the link said.

• jc3_113 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

RobertDy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

4.20.0.2 was fine for me...until I bought a new laptop yesterday, after installing the daz studio, it just kept resetting my workspace.

For those who still need a temporary solution, just change the path to %AppData%/DAZ 3D/Studio4  and do the same like the link said.

The issue seems to occur when there are no existing layout files, as would be the case with a new system. That's why creating empty placeholders is a workaround.

• jc3_113jc3_113 Posts: 41

Richard Haseltine said:

jc3_113 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

RobertDy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

The issue seems to occur when there are no existing layout files, as would be the case with a new system. That's why creating empty placeholders is a workaround.

Got it. But it's still an issue. Hope Daz could fix this permanently.

• jc3_113 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

jc3_113 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

RobertDy said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Got it. But it's still an issue. Hope Daz could fix this permanently.

It is hoped that the adjustmenmt in the Public Build is the fix, but more feedback would probably help.