Unrequired Assets.

I have been having horrendous problems with DAZ. I tried to access the program assets only to find that they were all 'greyed' out and would not load. It would seem also that DAZ had  attempted to upgrade to the latest version and that went completely wrong. After consulting with DAZ via a help ticket and considerable page views, forum views, button pushing and clicking etc  I am about to re-install my asset library, fingers crossed. Before I do I have a request for advice please. Two Questions.  As a work-space I have selected Holywood Blvd but it keeps reverting back to City Limits Lite. How can I fix this please? What am I doing wrong. (Or indeed, not doing?)

Next point. Before I re-install my assets which ones can I safely ignore ie, I have a number of entries marked PS or CF or DS. DS is obviously DAZ Studio and the others must be Poser. I never use Poser, ever, so, can I 'un-tick' those entries before I re-install?

Sorrry for being so long-winded and thank you for taking he time to read this.

Best Wishes.

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    edited March 2022

The workspace problem is a known bug that has been fixed in the Daz Studio 4.20.0.4 Public Build (beta). There are some workarounds that Richard Haseltine has posted in the forum, or just wait for the next general release.

Before you reinstall anything, make sure the Daz Studio Content Directory Manager is looking in the right place for your content library. You might just need to add your library location to the Content Directory Manager and not reinstall anything.

Post edited by barbult on
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

barbult said:

Before you reinstall anything, make sure the Daz Studio Content Directory Manager is looking in the right place for your content library. You might just need to add your library location to the Content Directory Manager and not reinstall anything.

And if you are using DIM, DAZ Central or manual installation, your content has not disappeared anywhere, only DAZ Connect inside DS is screwed up, which can be fixed by uninstalling the content in "Smart Content" and setting the DS preferences for Offline use, ie. never logging in to DS again. 

• AabacusAabacus Posts: 403
    edited March 2022

And if you are using DIM, DAZ Central or manual installation, your content has not disappeared anywhere, only DAZ Connect inside DS is screwed up, which can be fixed by uninstalling the content in "Smart Content" and setting the DS preferences for Offline use, ie. never logging in to DS again. 

I'm not the original author but I have a few questions:

1. Am I better off using DIM/DAZ Central and Manual 100% OR using a mix of those and DAZ Connect inside DS?

2. When you say to set preferences for Offline use...how do you do that? Where is the setting?

Thanks for the help!!!

Edit: Sorry for the dupes...the editor gave no indication the post posted...sheesh

Post edited by Aabacus on
  • Aabacus said:

I'm not the original author but I have a few questions:

1. Am I better off using DIM/DAZ Central and Manual 100% OR using a mix of those and DAZ Connect inside DS?

Mixing, especially an installer of some kind and manual, can cause issues.

2. When you say to set preferences for Offline use...how do you do that? Where is the setting?

Edit>Preferences (DAZ Studio>Preferences on a Mac), go to the Startup tab, and uncheck Automatically Login With Remembered Credentials

Thanks for the help!!!

Edit: Sorry for the dupes...the editor gave no indication the post posted...sheesh