Scripts Menu Not Appearing When Installing Daz to 3ds Max

Jon312Jon312 Posts: 0

Hello,

I've downloaded Daz Studio and installed the Daz to 3ds Max plugin and for some reason the script tab at the top where the plugin is supposed to be located is not appearing?

I've tried re-installing everything from the install manager, updating/reseting the workspace within Daz Studio, restarting my computer, but I cannot get it to show up. 

The plugin appears in 3ds Max however - just not in Daz Studio. 

Any help would be appreciated.

Jonathan

Post edited by Jon312 on

Comments

• I assume you mean the Scripts menu? When you install the bridge it should place a script in the Run Once folder, which will be executed next time you start Daz Studio. Are you making sure Daz Studio is closed when you install the bridge?

• Ah, I was forgeting that with 4.20.0.2 there are issues with saving layouts, so it may well be losing the change. Wait until the (hopefull imminent) update to fix that issue and then try reinstalling.

• Jon312Jon312 Posts: 0

Richard Haseltine said:

I assume you mean the Scripts menu? When you install the bridge it should place a script in the Run Once folder, which will be executed next time you start Daz Studio. Are you making sure Daz Studio is closed when you install the bridge?

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes I've made sure Daz Studio is closed when installing the plugin. I've even tried installing the Maya Bridge to see if that would work but still no avail - script menu still does not appear. 

Could an antivirus software be preventing it from running possibly? Where can I find this Run Once folder to insure the script is in there?