Query

Query? What happens to my digital assets when I die? 

Comments

• Strictly the licenses wil expire - however, if you know in advance (or your heir has been told) it may be worth opening a support ticket to ask about transferring them.

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,404

I know Daz is governed by the laws of Utah. I was reading the H.B. 13 Uniform Fiduciary Access to Digital Assets Act of Utah which was signed into law in 2017. Just wonder if DAZ is compliant with the said bill. I will open a ticket Just to make sure. Thanks for your response, Richard

This is why I asked the question.

14. SOFTWARE TRANSFER

The Software may not be transferred to another party under any conditions whatsoever, except in the case of prior permission issued directly by DAZ3D for the express purpose of said transfer, provided the initial user retains no copies of the Software. This transfer must include all of the Software (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA, and, if applicable, the Certificate of Authenticity). The transfer may not be an indirect transfer, such as a consignment. Prior to the transfer, the end-user receiving the Software must agree to all the EULA terms.

Since the founding of DAZ, there have been several laws passed about Digital assets. The definition of Digital assets has changed so much Since the crypto (spits). Used to just mean Digital assets are items you can buy, sell, and hold online, but typically can’t physically see or touch. 

DAZ Answer

Zachariah E

Today at 16:47

Hello Bryan,

Thank you for reaching out to us. Unfortunately, our EULA prevents users from sharing/giving content to one another. The items are licensed to the individual who owns the account. Accounts, and the products in them, are not inheritable. We are unable to transfer content from one account to another as well. 

I do apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your understanding of this matter. 

Please let me know if you have any questions.