Best Way to Archive Assets?

Good morning! Are there any suggestions from the forum on the best way to download and archive between two to four terabytes of Daz assets in my product library to a removable hardrive for later use? I would like to lessen my dependence on DIM and Daz Connect. Thank you!

Comments

• Download with DIM, then copy its Downloads folder to the removable drive.

• colongraphics colongraphics Posts: 78
    edited March 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

Download with DIM, then copy its Downloads folder to the removable drive. 

Thank you. I've done that in the past, but not for everything I purchased. I just don't have an internal hard drive big enough to accommodate everything in my 81 page product library that I've purchased since 2008. My computer power source will not be able to sustain an internal drive of more than 1tb.  Hence the question. Any solutions or recommendations would be welcome.

Post edited by colongraphics on
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910

Can you get an external drive to store it on? They are very cheap these days for a 1-2TB.

• If you leave the .dsx files and just move the zips you should eb able to do the job in chunks without having previuous downloads reappear in Ready to Download (and in future you should get update notifications that way).

• Richard Haseltine said:

If you leave the .dsx files and just move the zips you should eb able to do the job in chunks without having previuous downloads reappear in Ready to Download (and in future you should get update notifications that way).

Thank you! I will try that.