Gravureboxing glove issue

Gravureboxing makes some nice-looking boxing gloves but I always have the same problem when rendering their G2 model. The G1 and G3 render fine, and the G2 loads and poses just fine. But, when it comes time to render, I'm always hit with the same fatal error for the G2.

G1 and G3.png
1920 x 960 - 263K
G2.png
1920 x 1080 - 218K
G2 fatal error.png
1920 x 1080 - 254K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

I don't know what product you are referring to.

But there was (is?) an error with Iray handling of TIFF files. So if there is a TIFF file in the G2 product, it might cause a crash.

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,438

I remember having crashes when I first tried them (either Genesis or Genesis 2, don't have Genesis 3 version), but I can't for the life of me remember why, or how I avoided it, and now I cannot reproduce the problem. I vaguely recall something about high mesh resolution and interpolation type, and/or something with mesh smoothing (maybe?) Try Base resolution. Don't forget that the product has only Iray materials, and I can see you are rendering in 3DL. Not usually a problem, but maybe convert to 3DL shaders before rendering?

• Bat22Bat22 Posts: 45

I'll try looking up those attributes, but the product does come with 3DL materials and Studio still crashes despite them.