GPU Failing

My GPU keeps failing when I try to render, or sometimes even when I just try to switch to Iray preview.  It doesn't always fail.  I've been working with the same scene (five clothed figures and an HDRI, nothing else) since yesterday.  Sometimes it will render the scene in a few minutes.  Sometimes the GPU will fail.  I've tried hiding four of the figures.  Again, sometimes the scene will render, sometimes the GPU will fail.  I tried rendering a different scene and have been getting the same problem.

I have no idea what's causing this.  My 12GB 3080ti is new; I got a brand new pre-built PC in December, and it's been working fine until just last night.

Screenshot of error log is attached.  Any suggestions?

Screenshot 2022-03-04 180543.png
3840 x 2089 - 432K

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

The screenshot of your log says it's going OOM(Out of Memory) and CPU fallback is disabled.

Sometimes you just have to save your scene then restart DS to get it to release GPU VRAM so you can render it.

Log says you got 49M triangles and 458 textures loaded on the card.12GB isn't as much as it sounds.Large scenes like that can use it up fast.

• Understood.  Thank you.