no props in new: divan-tantra-props-and-poses shop item

item purchased

https://www.daz3d.com/divan-tantra-props-and-poses-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

all that installs are many poses, there are no props included ? daz can you help or assist please ? 

Comments

• only poses, no props or materials show for it, without the props it's unuseable, i've tried an uninstall and a reinstall and same issue so it looks like all items are NOT arriving for this shop item, please advise

• the props only seem to appear in the smart content section, while under the main product folder is just poses for example

not sure where materials are but this install seems all in different places :(

• so props & materials = under Props in smart content section ONLY

Poses = in Content Library section ONLY

strange as usually all is within the name of the single name in content library but this install separates it up

i hope this helps anyone else who may have purchased.

• If you right-click on a file you should be able to show it in the oterh pane - e.g. right-click on one of the props in Smart Content and choose the Show in mapped Folder (or Virtuial Folder if you installed through Daz Studio) option from the show sub-menu.

• columbinecolumbine Posts: 387

Reviving this because this kit is today's doorbuster (24 Oct 2023) and a lot of people might be grabbing it cheap and getting pretty confused.

Fjaa, unfortunately, has a bad habit of assuming that there are no other artists in the world and that we don't all have five thousand things in our Props trees ... so installs things directly into Props, without using an artist-named or product-named subdirectory. This is not the first time.

The furniture itself is in your content tree in Props. Just Props. Not a subdirectory. Loose icons.

The poses are in Props/Poses.

The materials are in Props/Materials.

• maikdeckermaikdecker Posts: 2,750

columbine said:

Reviving this because this kit is today's doorbuster (24 Oct 2023) and a lot of people might be grabbing it cheap and getting pretty confused.

Fjaa, unfortunately, has a bad habit of assuming that there are no other artists in the world and that we don't all have five thousand things in our Props trees ... so installs things directly into Props, without using an artist-named or product-named subdirectory. This is not the first time.

The furniture itself is in your content tree in Props. Just Props. Not a subdirectory. Loose icons.

The poses are in Props/Poses.

The materials are in Props/Materials.

Might be worth a ticket to get that fixed... on the other hand, when I sent a ticket for some other product by some other PA who decided to put all his product files into the same directory and even using the same names for different files of different products it didn't get resolved for two years and counting. I made it a habit to install all new stuff into a seperate directory tree and copy them to the appropriate directories in my DAZ directory tree manually... takes a bit of time but for me it's worth the effort...

• Fenris9Fenris9 Posts: 56

Had this problem as well, and wasted a lot of time trying to get to the bottom of it. Surely this should come under quality-control before a product is released! The fact that it has been raised seven months ago and has still not been fixed is not very good. I shouldn't have to be doing the artists' job for them putting everything into usable locations, in a product I have paid for.

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

http://docs.daz3d.com/doku.php/public/read_me/index/84559/file_list

To me, it's also intolerable even though I tolerated for hundreds of times... As a PA, no matter how great the products they make, if they DO NOT pay close attention to the 'user-facing' folders and files in the product(s) their customers're gonna buy,  they're not qualified as Pro.
    Then I won't to consider buying from them again...

• ElorElor Posts: 1,095
    edited October 2023

Fenris9 said:

The fact that it has been raised seven months ago and has still not been fixed is not very good.

Through Daz ticketing system?

Because if you’re speaking about this topic, this forum is not supposed to be the way to ask for a fix: I had a problem with an outfit a couple of weeks ago, and among the people who answered my topic about it was one of the outfit creators and she said that I had to write a request, then Daz could ask the texture artist to fix the issue.

I did and the issue was fixed. I don’t remember how long it took, but between one and two weeks would be my guess without checking my requests archive.

Post edited by Elor on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,035

I just regulary clean up my library if it's something moveable (Until an update in DIM puts a duplicate of it back)

not got this one but there are an awful lot of messy folder structures

• crosswindcrosswind Posts: 6,173

It's like a junk yard in Content Library... I used to clean up / correct the folders there but now I'm fed up with that. I mostly use Smart Content...