Daz 4.20 GPU render not working w latest NVidia Driver

I just installed 4.20 and my GeForcve GTX Titan Black shows up in Daz Advanced panel but will not render - log says [ERROR] - IRAY:RENDER ::   1.0   IRAY   rend error: Cannot render: found no usable devices. Please update your NVIDIA driver (www.nvidia.com) to at least 471.41, or enable CPU-only rendering.

I am using driver 472.98. WOuld appreciate some guidance - thanks

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

It's easier to diagnose with your log file.

Please attach it to your post.

On the DS main toolbar;

Click Help>trouble shooting>View log file.

If I remember correctly, those cards are 6GB Pascal.

Pascal is the oldest architecture supported by Nvidia that I'm aware of currently.At least I've not seen anything about those cards being depreciated yet.

Looks like you have the correct driver, but you may still be running out of ram on that card and hence dropping to CPU.

Check here for driver requirements

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/529616/daz-studio-pro-4-20-0-x-nvidia-iray#latest

If CPU fallback isn't enabled and the other 2 CPU check boxes aren't checked, your render will fail when the card goes OOM(out of Memory).

Assuming you are going OOM.Your log file will have an entry some where saying "out of memory".

If CPU fallback and use is disabled or not available; there should be an entry for that as well.

• stefan.humsstefan.hums Posts: 132

The GTX Titan Black has a Kepler GPU (GK110B), Kepler GPUs are no longer supported by Iray.

• bwise1701bwise1701 Posts: 247

stefan.hums said:

The GTX Titan Black has a Kepler GPU (GK110B), Kepler GPUs are no longer supported by Iray.

Well that sucks. Serves me right for upgrading. 

Thanks