Shader's Not applying Correctly

I created a room using pCon.planner, exported geometry as Collada (*.dae), imported into Daz, then applied the Iray Uber Shader to everything. The issue is when I try to apply shaders to the floor they don't properly apply (see image).

I've included a vertical primitive with the same shader applied to show what it's supposed to look like. The shaders apply properly to the walls. I don't know what the different scene icons mean but they're different in the scene tab. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Comments

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,388

Is the floor UV mapped? Image-based shaders won't work if it's not.

• aka214aka214 Posts: 14

Leana said:

Is the floor UV mapped? Image-based shaders won't work if it's not.

I'm not sure or how to check.

• Click on the floor with the Surface Selection tool, then click the Drawstyle icon (next tot he camera/view picker at top right- usually a sphere) and select the UV option. If you see any lines from the selected mesh it has some kind of UV mapping. Use the Drawstyle button, or cmd/ctrl (, to switch back to Texture Shaded Drawstyle.

• aka214aka214 Posts: 14

I think that led me down the right path. For whatever reason pCon.planner doesn't export UV maps unless you apply a shader within the program. The walls get a default wallpaper shader so they get UV maps regardless. Everything else has to have shaders applied before exporting so they'll get UV maps.