Shader loading as scene

Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

Since going to 4.20 general release I've noticed certain shader presets, namely iray Daz Uber shaders ask if I want to save the scene before exiting. Now I understand from this group that this appears to be a CMS issue, my question is, how do I fix it? I have tried stopping and restarting CMS, updating Metadata, uninstalling and reinstalling the default resources for 4.20+ but no joy. 

All content installed via DIM if that's relevant. 

Post edited by Mart1n71 on

Comments

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

What shader specifically is it?

I've not been able to find one that does this.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

Every shader preset in the Iray>Daz Uber folder. ie Iray Uber, Car paints, Glass, Metals, Rubber, Water, Wax. I use the Water Thin quite often and trying to drag the shader onto the surface is sometimes tedious. I'm fairly ceretain the issue is with my install of CMS rather than an issue with 4.20. I've witnessed it before and a restart fixed it, but no joy this time.

• I apply shader presets by selecting the model in the scene, and the surface on the Surface Tabs, then double-click on the preset.

• Mart1n71Mart1n71 Posts: 127

Catherine3678ab said:

I apply shader presets by selecting the model in the scene, and the surface on the Surface Tabs, then double-click on the preset.

Yes, I know how to apply a shader, I've been using Daz on a semi profesional level for a good number of years, my problem is that I follow the steps above, precisely, and am faced with a pop up message

This only occurs when using daz iray uber shaders so is something amiss with the installation of those shaders.

Clicking "No" reults in another error message.

The file definately exists, loads fine in beta version using the same content library, and oddly enough, if I set the shader as a custom action and launch it from the scripts menu it loads fine, so the issue is with the content tab shortcut somewhere.

Error message.jpg
    400 x 95 - 38K
    Error message 2.jpg
    446 x 96 - 38K
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 4,032

Try uninstalling and reinstalling in DIM. When I have that problem, with any product, I have found the files have become corrupted and in DIM they look like italics and pale when you look at 'installed files' (I am not looking at DIM now so my term may be wrong or off). But reinstalling the files generally fix the issue.