Can someone please do a DAZ Studio to Blender to 3D Print workflow?

I've been trying and trying, watching videos, reading, and so forth for at least 2 years and still cannot figure out how to get a DAZ Studio character into Blender and then prep it correctly for 3D Printing. Perhaps there is a better way, but Blender seems to be the correct choice. 
So, let me say I'm newer than rookie at Blender. I don't understand it, but it is stated once you get a character into it, you should be able to get it corrected etc for 3d print. 

Yeah, maybe, but it isn;t that easy. I think a lot has to do with how its exported from DS. I tried just exporting as obj and also using the DS to Blender bridge, which was a whole different mess, but finally got that to work. 

So , for example, I created a character with some clothes, hair, and a pose. Exported and imported into Blender. Its a mess I guess as there were 502,000 holes plus a ton of other error. It is impossible to even try to repair. 
Then , in my reading, i found a deal that said to make the model as one object, which I finally figured out how to do that, but even then, it had 502,000 holes. 

Using DAZ to Blender bridge, I cannot even figure out how to select the entire objsct. I'm getting bones and all kinds of other stuff. I have no clue

It would be real good if someone can do a complete flow from beginning to end on how to do this. I know there are people that know how here. Thank you. All I want to do is 3d print a character or two. It shouldn;t be this difficult. 

Comments

• Here's a list of videos for Blender to 3D printing, and I'm sure one will lead to many more.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blender+to+3d+printing

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633
    edited March 2022

I would definitely go for Diffeomorphic and also ask @Padone who knows a *lot*. Diffeomorphic is more advanced in terms of options at the moment.

Post edited by Paintbox on
  • davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Paintbox said:

I would definitely go for Diffeomorphic and also ask @Padone who knows a *lot*. Diffeomorphic is more advanced in terms of options at the moment.

thanks quick look and it is making my head hurt laugh I'm getting really bad at anything complicated or that requires more than do this then that. viola results.  

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Catherine3678ab said:

Here's a list of videos for Blender to 3D printing, and I'm sure one will lead to many more.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=blender+to+3d+printing

thank you...you have bee nmore than helpful. I have viewed a couple of these.  What's interesting , as in many videos, it works for these guys and when I try it nothing works.  

• Blender has a number of keyboard shortcuts if I'm not mistaken. Makes it harder to follow video tutorials if/when those minor details are missing. So ask questions in their comments. Maybe somebody will explain the pathways better ;-)

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

Here is a tutorial I made to get characters in from Diffeo, easy to follow steps (I think so at least)

https://daztodiffeo.wordpress.com/