So Daz just [frustrated] me

Okay so I just get off finishing a series of 19 frames, these can be seen used in the video linked below

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WFbUUGTmz8

I had 3 frames left to render, to clutch the shotgun for a kick attack. I wasn't asked if I wanted to upgrade my Daz, I didn't click to update it. It done it automatically, when I restarted my system, and loaded Daz up in the morning, I was greeted to 4.20, okay lovely I thought. Well no not lovely, in fact an actual nightmare. Those 3 frames I had left to finish of 19 frames, has taken me 2 days so far and I am getting nothing but noise, I did those other 20 frames before the update and they took me one afternoon. 
I have also included raw render shots of one of the frames from the 20, and the 1 frame I have now been trying to render for 2 days. It goes without saying that I am not happy at all.

00SSG.png
700 x 700 - 338K
NOISE.PNG
1425 x 868 - 900K
Post edited by Richard Haseltine on

Comments

• You probably need to update your video driver, though if the scene is lit by ghost lights or other low opacity emissive surfaces you may also need to divide the Luminosity by the opacity (you can just put the cursor in the opacity value in the Surfaces pane, select and copy the number, then go to the Luminosity field, type / and then paste in the value).

• Here's a good video that explains the new lighting:

• Catherine3678ab said:

Here's a good video that explains the new lighting:

Oh ya, love his videos, I watch them regularly when I am winding down in the evening, he has such a professional yet welcoming delivery. Will definitely check that out soon then. For now my friend had a backup of 4.16 because he has something mess up when he updated one time, eat your heart out Woody and Buzz am I right? Dude just saved my bacon, I don't have the disposable time right now to figure this all out so I am going to keep with 4.16 for now as it's too risky with the work I have to do for my personal project, and I am limited on time as I have people helping me with other areas of the project so as you can imagine guys, I was full steam ahead all week and then when I have but 3 frames left on my latest weapon this happened costing me 2 days of work :(
    I hope it will all be fine but for now is okay I am back in a safe space. I noticed there are a lot of people with some issues with the 4.20. While I don't have much time to contribute to bug checks and things to help, I will provide this screen shot of the same scene, loaded up and rendering for 2 minutes and 27 seconds, VS what I was getting up there. Good luck to everyone, happy arting and I wish you all the best, thank you very much for the replies and curtesy and I will check out WPGuru's video later thank you very much Catherine.

2.27.PNG
    1262 x 860 - 648K
  • PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

A lesson; Never let anything update it self by it self before checking what the update does.

• frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,910
    edited March 2022

How did you install DS? Manual, Daz Central, or DIM?

Post edited by frank0314 on
  • Wouldn't have been manually.