Remaining Lines around earrings

Hey, I am fairly new to Daz but I've been learning a lot from different sources. But I can't seem to find the answers to this particular thing. 

My earrings on a character has lines I can't get rid of. They do not show in render but still quite frustrating. 

Any help is much appreciated. 

Untitled.png
201 x 234 - 77K

Comments

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481
    edited February 2022

Those are probably from the method that is used to attach them.  As far as I know you're stuck with the RGB axis orientation lines in the viewport.  Believe it or not, it's a better way to attach something like an earing than the transfer utility method that is used to make clothing fit, and often causes dostortion when used for things like jewelry.

Post edited by Spacious on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

No, you are not "stuck with" those lines in your viewpoort. Those lines show the location of "rigid follow nodes". In your Scene pane, they will have little symbols that look like an upper case I with the top and bottom cross bars. You can make them invisible in your viewport by clicking on the eye symbol in the Scene pane to close they eye, meaning that you can't see the object in the viewport. Some jewelry makers deliver their products with those rigid follow nodes already set to invisible.

Screenshot 2022-02-27 151241.jpg
    285 x 91 - 5K
  • SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Once again I stand corrected.  Thank you barbult I never thought to just make the node hidden.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Spacious said:

Once again I stand corrected.  Thank you barbult I never thought to just make the node hidden.

It's always fun to learn a new technique - or a new place to apply an old technique. smiley
    And I agree with you that rigid follow nodes are a superior way to attach jewelry to characters.

• You guys are both amazing, thank you kindly for the assistance! heart