DAZ to Blender Bridge: How To in Blender 3.0?

davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

I have installed Blender 3.0. Downloaded and installed DAZ to Blender Bridge using DIM. The script is within DS. When I go to Blender, the script is not active. I go to Edit-Preference-AddON and try to find it. Not there. So then I tried to install it ... found the file but nothing seems to happen. 

Is Daz to Blender not working in Blender 3.0?

Post edited by daveso on

Comments

• If you're on W10, it guards the appdata folder. Copy that file for Blender and paste it to the Desktop. Then open Blender and try loading it. If successful then said file can be safely removed from the Desktop. {this is what we had to do first time 'round way back when}

• davesodaveso Posts: 6,776

Catherine3678ab said:

If you're on W10, it guards the appdata folder. Copy that file for Blender and paste it to the Desktop. Then open Blender and try loading it. If successful then said file can be safely removed from the Desktop. {this is what we had to do first time 'round way back when}

thanks. Yeah, thats what I did, but it is not loading into Blender. Nothing. not sure why, never did this before but I want to make models ready for 3D Printing within Blender.  

• Catherine3678abCatherine3678ab Posts: 8,249
    edited February 2022

Are you finding the bridge option in D/S? I don't know how much they have changed what, concerning the bridge {'cause I gave up on that}, but all that bridge thing used to do was make a file ready to be brought into Blender. Then one opened Blender and using the add-on one browsed to and loaded in their usual fashion, imported in the object.

It used to only work for G8 but I think they made it to work on more items now. Anyhow, you know I trust that you can simply export out .obj files from D/S; and then of course, import those into Blender. On the export settings there is reference to Blender.

For 3D printing, might want to uncheck "groups" so the obj will be one piece.

Post edited by Catherine3678ab on
  • This is from the Product Page and a Help page: {hopefully something works}

Blender:

In Blender, go to Edit > Preferences.
        In the search bar on the right-hand side of the Blender Prefernces window, search for "Daz".
        Check the box next to "Armature: DazToBlender".
        Close out of this window.
        Within the main screen, locate the "<" icon next to the Scene Collection Menu and expand this arrow.
        The Daz to Blender script menu will now be available to access from here.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360009467632-Blender

edited February 2022

Catherine3678ab said:

This is from the Product Page and a Help page: {hopefully something works}

Blender:

In Blender, go to Edit > Preferences.
        In the search bar on the right-hand side of the Blender Prefernces window, search for "Daz".
        Check the box next to "Armature: DazToBlender".
        Close out of this window.
        Within the main screen, locate the "<" icon next to the Scene Collection Menu and expand this arrow.
        The Daz to Blender script menu will now be available to access from here.

https://helpdaz.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/sections/360009467632-Blender

thanks..theres an extensive thread on this in the BLender forum. You have to zip the files created when DIM installs to DS. then it works, Pain. I was able to get G8 into Blender via the bridge, but I'm a rookie and couldn;t get the 3D print toolkit to populate withing Belnder. Finally just did as you said an expoorted an obj and there it is and the 3D print tookbocx populated the toolbar and sort of worked. I exported an stl from Blender and will see it is prints half decent or better.  Now I have to learn Blender too. At least there are a lot of tutorials, and actually documented, unlike DS. 

Post edited by daveso on
  • Glad to hear that you got something working for you there.

The Blender community is a wee bit larger than the staff at Daz3D ;-)

Catherine3678ab said:

Glad to hear that you got something working for you there.

The Blender community is a wee bit larger than the staff at Daz3D ;-)

yes. its interesting though that power users haven't collaborated and gotten a manual written for DAZ Studio. Its pretty much bit and pieces spread across the web. here, which is most difficult to find anything in these forums, and the DAZ stuff is old and incomplete.  

• First we have to figure it out. By the time that happens, it gets updated. Then we have to figure it out again. There was once upon a time an appeal from the company to the community if anybody knew how to do "something I forget what it was" in Daz Studio. That was awesomely reassuring that the folk who made the program didn't know how to use it.

Anyhow ...

Catherine3678ab said:

First we have to figure it out. By the time that happens, it gets updated. Then we have to figure it out again. There was once upon a time an appeal from the company to the community if anybody knew how to do "something I forget what it was" in Daz Studio. That was awesomely reassuring that the folk who made the program didn't know how to use it.

Anyhow ...

too funny laugh 

• So for this issue I have seen that the Daz to Blender bridge will install only to 2.93. At least that's all it will install on my system. I am going to try to clean up and remove 2.93 and see if it will install to v3.0 of blender.