DAZ cat "face" morphs?

I acquired DAZ cat a while ago, but only used it for the first time recently. And discovered that it had what I think is a massive flaw : there are no morphs for its face. So, it can't even open its mouth or close his eyes, for instance. Given that a cat main point is its expressivity, I think that it kills its usefulness for me.

Unless such cat morphs already exist. Do they? And if not, could they be made?

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,442
    edited February 2022

Are you talking about Daz House Cat? Select the cat in the Scene pane and the look in the Pose Controls section of the Parameters pane. Think of it like this: Opening the mouth or closing the eyes, etc. are poses (bone rotations) not morphs (mesh shape distortions).

Screenshot 2022-02-26 132404.jpg
    1367 x 990 - 328K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • odasteinodastein Posts: 606

barbult said:

Are you talking about Daz House Cat? Select the cat in the Scene pane and the look in the Pose Controls section of the Parameters pane. Think of it like this: Opening the mouth or closing the eyes, etc. are poses (bone rotations) not morphs (mesh shape distortions).

Huh? Yes, I've DAZ house cat.  Don't know how I missed those morphs. Going to check again in case they indeed wouldn't appear for me, and if it's the case, I'll reinstall it.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,507

Again, they're not morphs; they're poses. Poses work by moving bones, whereas morphs just affect the mesh itself. Changing the basic face of the shape would be a morph, whereas closing the eyes is done by moving the eyelid bones, as strange as that might sounds.