renderosity zip file downloads as Photoshop file

Starting recently, Renderosity purchases are downloading as Photoshop files. They can't be opened in Photoshop, of course. Because it's a zip file, I can't seem to unzip it this way, and I don't know what the file extension should be or how to reroute the computer to that file extension. Any help? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Just Renderosity zips or zip[s in general? Which browser are you using?

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

You could try 7zip.  It seems to decompress just about anything.

• AscaniaAscania Posts: 1,849

alisa53 said:

Starting recently, Renderosity purchases are downloading as Photoshop files. They can't be opened in Photoshop, of course. Because it's a zip file, I can't seem to unzip it this way, and I don't know what the file extension should be or how to reroute the computer to that file extension. Any help? Thanks in advance.

No, it's NOT "downloading it as Photoshop file". You set Photoshop as the default program for zip files.

This is for Windows:

Type default into the search bar. Windows will show you the "Default apps" system setting. Click it. Scroll down. Click Choose default applications by file type. Scroll down until you find .zip. Click on the Photoshop icon and select Windows Explorer.

You are done.

• alisa53alisa53 Posts: 157

Richard Haseltine said:

Just Renderosity zips or zip[s in general? Which browser are you using?

unfortunately I'm now thinking it's a problem in general. Bought a photoshop action and it also downloaded incorrectly.

Ascania said:

alisa53 said:

No, it's NOT "downloading it as Photoshop file". You set Photoshop as the default program for zip files.

This is for Windows:

Type default into the search bar. Windows will show you the "Default apps" system setting. Click it. Scroll down. Click Choose default applications by file type. Scroll down until you find .zip. Click on the Photoshop icon and select Windows Explorer.

You are done.

thanks - I'll check that. But since it started happening suddenly with no such change, it's questionable I reset a default?

Richard Haseltine said:

Just Renderosity zips or zip[s in general? Which browser are you using?

Im using chrome

alisa53 said:

Ascania said:

alisa53 said:

This is for Windows:

You are done.

thanks - I'll check that. But since it started happening suddenly with no such change, it's questionable I reset a default?

Ascania - yep, that did it.  Don't know how that was reset, but thanks a million.