Daz Render keeps resetting?

2»

Comments

• adamsrobtadamsrobt Posts: 66

I'm having this issue, too. Certain hair assets are the culprit for me, with or without Denoising. I did try to render a file I'd rendered successfully a few months ago and am having the same problem, so I can confirm this is a new issue. I'm hoping this isn't a "you're just gonna have to upgrade your video card" situation.

• Not that this is helpful, but I am encountering this issue as well.  I have not had it until 4.21 I believe in my case.  And although I have an RTX 2070, this is occuring in renders done entirely with the CPU.  In the past I have seen in the log that every so often during the rendering process there will be a convassing of available rendering devices. . . . .but Ihave not seen this resetting of CPU dominated rendering.  

• Digital TouchDigital Touch Posts: 187
    edited December 2022

Just in case anyone still having this issue.

In Render Setting go to "Editor" tab and "Optimization" section.

Then try set the "Instancing Optimization" to "Auto/Memory" and "Ray Tracing Low Memory" to "On"

Also try to reduce the subdivision of your high resolution 3D objects and models.

This usually caused by not enough memory on your GPU, so DAZ switch to CPU rendering. Most of the time it caused by high res hair that uses Dforce.

Post edited by Digital Touch on
  • I had the same problem but resolved.

but at that time I was very happy with the lighting that I made,
    but rendering repeats from 7% to 1%
    finally I forced it to render continuously until 100%

I turn off cuda tick
    and i render with cpu only
    and finally can render finish up to 100%

• I have a 1k scene and have similar issues. i9 cpu, 32mb memory, gpu 3070/8mb. With RenderSettings->Adv. CPU uncheck for render I get an ugly iray view port with lots of hotpixels. Once I check the CPU for render even not rendering the viewpoint clears up nicely and then will render without resetting. My logs looks similar as if nvidia is running out of memory (i think) I do have denoise set on.
    Sometimes it would reload geo, etc and continue but normally it will start over. The last render was with CPU on for render.

So are these issues thinks we ought to 'officially' be doing bug reports on or something that's being looked into already?

Thanks

txt
    txt
    log.txt
    2M