Can not uninstall Daz 3D! It's A Complete Mess.

So I recently updated to Daz 3D 4.20. I purchased some items from the shop today and installed them via Daz Central app. When I opend the 3D software all my new items showed as missing files when I clicked the icon in the tool palette. I checked the settings on Daz Central and it had added one of my external harddrives to the install location. Looked as if it put the installs in the drive. I deleted that path so that only the C drive option showed. Unistalled all the new items in Daz Central and reinstalled them. No different. The base path in Daz Central did not show a mapped path so I pointed it to my Daz 3D Library. After that everything went gray in the 3D program including all the installed items. I thought I would just unistall Daz 3D and reinstall. When I went to check on that I discovered that version 4.16 never went away so there are two seperate versions installed. The only Daz products that show up in the control panel unistall tool is Daz Central and Daz Install Manager. Neither 4.16 or 4.20 are visible. If I go to the start menu and right click the Daz 3D icons it gives me an unistall option but does nothing. So figures, hair, wardrobe, utilities are all grayed out. Getting more frustraded by the second. I'm really starting to not like this software. What to do? Please help.

Comments

• This sounds like a pathing issue that has been compounded by later changes. Items isntalled through daz Central or Install Manager don't appear in the add/remove apps list by design, so that is correct, but what are your current setings for installation locations and content directories?

• In Daz Central setting it shows my base path location as C:/

Daz Studio install location shows as C:/Daz 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZStudio4

All installed items have been going to C:/Daz 3D/Applications/Data/Daz 3D/My DAZ #D Library

Are those the paths you are asking about?

4.20 is the third release I have had. When I updated to 4.16 from the previous version, as far as I know, it simply updated and did not install a second version. Is there a way to get rid of the 4.16 install so that I only have the 4.20 on my machine?

• I have figured out the path problem. I went back into install manager and reset the path to default and now everything is showing up. 

Now the only question is how to unistall version 4.16.