dForce High Fantasy Cloaks for Genesis 8 Female(s) - outoftouch

Hello,

I'm new to dForce and I'm getting strange "seams" after simulation with the High Fantasy Cloak 3 of dForce High Fantasy Cloaks for Genesis 8 Female(s) - outoftouch.  Could someone point me in the right direction to resolving this?

Thanks in advance.

DAZ version 4.16

daz_post.jpg
1909 x 1017 - 642K

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

How does it look before simulation?

It looks to me to be projection morphs, generated when you dialed the character in.

And if that, there is no obvius way to avoid that.

What I would do, is use animated timeline for simulation, and then start the simulation with the character not dialed in, and then at frame 5 or 10 dial the character in, and do the wanted pose at maybe frame 20 (extend timeline for complicated poses)

• Is that Brooke 8.1 you are using, or has the shape been modified further?

• felis said:

How does it look before simulation?

It looks to me to be projection morphs, generated when you dialed the character in.

And if that, there is no obvius way to avoid that.

What I would do, is use animated timeline for simulation, and then start the simulation with the character not dialed in, and then at frame 5 or 10 dial the character in, and do the wanted pose at maybe frame 20 (extend ftimeline for complicated poses)

Thanks, Felis!  That was it!  Before the simulation, the cloak looked to have some kind of displacement to the surface that wasn't present with the with the standard G8 figure.  Also, your advice worked perfectly!

• Richard Haseltine said:

Is that Brooke 8.1 you are using, or has the shape been modified further?

It is an unmodified Brooke 8.1 figure.  If I use the standard G8 figure ( I haven't tiried with the standard 8.1 figure, yet ) the cloak behaves as expected.  With other figures, I get what looks like a displacement map.  From what Felis has replied, I'd assume these are morph projections.  Forgive me, I'm quite new to dForice and I have know idea what morph projections are other than assuming that they are changes to the base figure.  I've attached a screencap before running the simulation to give a better picture of the "displacement" effect.

Capture.JPG
    1899 x 965 - 205K
  • felisfelis Posts: 4,195

Projecttion morphs happens when ever you have a fitted clothing, and you adjust (morph) that character.

Ideally, the PA could have prepared morphs for the different characters, but it would be impossible to do tor all characters. When buying clothing, there will usually be a description which morph that clothing is preparred for.

If you look for this item https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-high-fantasy-cloaks-for-genesis-8-females you can see supported shaped under 'What's included'. And if a morph is not premade, then Daz Studio will autogenerate a morph.

That can in some cases, and especially for loose fitting cloth likes this, generate some artifacts. You can often see it for shirts, if the character has very large or very small breasts.