Textures for model shows reversed in DAZ3D not other apps

Here is a model I created with RealityCapture. The textures show fine in RealityCapture. I've exported the model and they display correctly in Blender 3.0, 3DCoat 2022 and Vue Creator. But in DAZ 4.16.03 64 bit the textures are reversed. Look at the text RESTAURANT. In DAZ3D the text is reversed.

Display fine in 3DCoat 2022

3DC01.JPG
2013 x 1422 - 269K

Comments

• kenmokenmo Posts: 906

Disply fine in Blender 3.0

Disply fine in Vue Creator

Blender01.JPG
    2111 x 1266 - 295K
    Vue01.JPG
    2422 x 1438 - 304K

Disply fine in RealityCreator

RealityCapture01.JPG
    2437 x 1405 - 448K

But NOT in DAZ3D 4.16.03 ver 64 bit

DAZ01.JPG
    2088 x 1403 - 211K

Anyone know what is wrong and how to resolve this issue?

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,386
    edited February 2022

What settings did you use when importing it in DS? My guess is that you need to reverse one of the axes when importing (the chimney is on the other side).

Post edited by Leana on
    edited February 2022

I tried inverting each axis one at a time and separately from each other and it did not do anything. I even tried inverting ALL three axis with the same results.

I also tried importing it into Meshmixer where it displayed fine unlike DAZ.

Any ideas? 

Meshmixer01.JPG
    2529 x 1430 - 231K
    Post edited by kenmo on
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

When you export the model to DAZ, reverse the normals.  I know that doesn't answer your basic question, but it would definitely do the trick.  I think you can also reverse normals in Daz itself.  I know, I know, that shouldn't be necessary.  But it would solve the issue for Daz and your model.  I wish I had a better answer for you.

In Hexagon, the model displays correctly.

Hexagon.JPG
    2288 x 1323 - 201K
  • Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

I don't use Hexagon.  Will it display the normals in edit mode the way Blender will?:

normals.PNG
    585 x 599 - 147K

In Silo3D it displays correctly...

Silo3D.JPG
    2166 x 1358 - 218K
    edited February 2022

Causam said:

I don't use Hexagon.  Will it display the normals in edit mode the way Blender will?:

Sorry, I do not know as I no longer use Hexagon. I mostly use Blender, 3D Coat & MOI3D. Sometimes I use Silo3D.

However if the normals were flipped, it would not have displayed the textures in 3D Coat.

And as Leana pointed out earlier, the whole model is reversed along the X axis I believe. Which I tried to inverse when importing into DAZ and it did nothing. I also tried inversing the Y axis and nothing happened.

Post edited by kenmo on

Thanks Leana, you pointed me in the right direction. I was importing my object with Z in the up direction as the model was a product of photographing a Christmas ornament with my Nikon D7000 and 50mm lens and processing the photos via Reality Capture which upon export had the Z axis as vertical. Which produces the error I was having. 

The photo below is the result of having the Y as the vertical axis when importing. The model displayed correctly except it was laying on it's side. I then rotated on the X axis -90.

A big thank you to Leana.

• Thank you @Leana and @kenmo

Who knows when I would have ever figured this out without your suggestion - imported with Y as the vertical axis - thank you thank you thank you

• lilweeplilweep Posts: 2,375

i didnt read all the posts in this thread but just change x scale to -100% (or whatever the relevant X,Y,Z scale would be to flip on that axis)

You probably had the daz import settings set to flip the respective x,y, or z axis.