Daz 4.20 no longer shows vRAM memory used

Prior to the upgrade I would often use the information in the rendering details window to help plan out vRAM overhead, and 'budget' scene needs. I try to only render using the GPU and have disabled CPU fallback and CPU rendering. Normally, when my budget was exceeded, the rendering details window would still show some details of the memory used, but now it no longer shows even when the memory is sufficient and starts to render. 

I can't recall there being a discrete setting to show these details, but I may be missing something. Is there a new setting somewhere?

Thank you,

Tirick

NoRenderDetails.png
352 x 349 - 15K

Comments

• This is a chnage in what Iray returns.

• TirickTirick Posts: 229

Ah, ok, thank you. I would be nice to have a native way to predict texture/geometry load in its stead. I presume there are some subtleties to it, and it wouldn't be as straightforward as just adding up all the file sizes on textures that are visible.

• DireWorksDireWorks Posts: 133
    edited February 2022

Tirick said:

Ah, ok, thank you. I would be nice to have a native way to predict texture/geometry load in its stead. I presume there are some subtleties to it, and it wouldn't be as straightforward as just adding up all the file sizes on textures that are visible.

try baretail and open the log file, it updates the file in realtime by setting a refresh interval, keep baretail open during your DS use

not a prediction but you can see easily the amount of memory used, also gpu monitor like afterburner can give you the amount of memory used by the whole system

Post edited by DireWorks on