How to apply a corrective morph without 'breaking' the figure?

Hello!

I recently bought SY and Arki's tutorials on how they do the voodoo they do. Ofc, I jumped right in because I've had an idea I've wanted to create for decades. I morphed up my G8.1F using commercial morphs and 'corrected' the face where the mesh deforms too much, or areas where it does not morph at all with any package. I used Blender, and imported the result as in the tutorials.

It looks great... until I try and move the head. Then poor G8.1F looks like she had a terrible accident involving her neck. I haven't yet tried to use the expression dials or any further morph options because that was disappointing enough plus time constraints.

I checked the weight maps, and they seem fine. I have yet to check the bones, but wouldn't know how to realign those if they're the problem (will check most of these today). I also haven't tried zeroing out the body morphs and just leaving the head morphs to see if that fixes it upon morph-loader import. Nor have I yet tried using shape keys in Blender; mostly because I don't know if the base shape needs to be base G8.1F or not, and if so then I don't have a real clue where I need to correct on my figure morph vs the base morph.

The figure will be a personal project, so not commercial, but I am a perfectionist so I want commercial level quality and usability.

Any ideas or suggestions?

Cheers,

Nat

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

If your morph has done that the bones not any longer are in correct position, I think you can get the result you are describing.

You could try 'adjust rigging to shape'.

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Show images of problem
    If it's a morph problem you could create a JCMorph or save a new Morph with head rotated and use it

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

"Adjust Rigging To Shape"