Memorize and Restore Pose of selected body parts only

I seem to be blanking since I'm pretty sure I used to know how to do this. I have a 50 frame animation and need to copy the poses of only selected body parts from frame 0 to all other frames. How do I best do it?

Thanks

Comments

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • cridgit said:

I have a product called PoseMaster at Rosity that does this for any figure with bones. You can select one or more bones to copy and/or paste poses (or partial poses).

Puppeteer is quicker but only works with the full pose.

Alternatively you can save out the full pose and reload with CTRL to select bones; or you can save out the pose for selected bones only, but either option takes much longer than using PoseMaster.

Thanks for the suggestion but I checked out that product and decided that for a solution to what may be a one-time, or certainly rare, problem, it wasn't worth spending $20 for something that probably wouldn't have any other utility for me.

But I'll add this for others who might find this thread searching for answers to their problem:

I followed all the instructions for doing a partial pose reset, and was unable to get it to work. Whenever I unchecked the figure, then expanded the tree of bodyparts from the hip on down, I discovered that checking even a finger joint would re-check all those bodyparts back UP the chain, all the way to the hip again. Of course then when I would try to re-uncheck the hip (or upper chest, left collar, left shoulder, etc) all the parts below it again (including the ones I wanted checked) would get un-checked. There was no way to check only the body parts I wanted to include in the partial pose reset. Maybe it's a 4.20 bug or something - I don't know. So I did this: Select all the body parts I wanted to copy in Parameter view, then went to Edit > Figure > Memorize Selected Item(s) Pose, then at the frames I needed to copy them to: Edit > Figure > Restore Selected item(s) Pose. That did the trick.

• cridgitcridgit Posts: 1,757
    edited May 2022

Redacted

Post edited by cridgit on
  • The partial pose problem you ran into is because when some children are checked the parents get a white/gray check all the way up the tree (this makes it easy to drill down into lower levels that are checked). Only if they're fully checked (yellow check mark) will all their children be selected. So what you were doing was exactly right.

Ah, that explains it. Thanks for clarifying!