Layout/Workspace in 4.20

Installed Version 4.20 today and the layout and workspace keep resetting to default every time I close and restart, never had that issue before.

Tried saving the layout but it doesn't appear in the drop-down list either. Can confirm the files themselves were created, however.

I put in a technical support ticket but who knows how long that will take, thought perhaps someone around here might have experienced that issue and may know of a fix. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• I am having the same issue here. The file in my appdata Studio 4 folder "layout" says the file type "DAZ script 2" is encrypted, is that normal?

• has anyone solved this? since upate to 4.20 layout won't save / saving it doesn't put in the list of options.

• This is a known issue, the current Public Build (beta) has a fix.

• luizotavioluizotavio Posts: 6
    edited February 2022

Terrible platform!!!

Post edited by luizotavio on
  • MadHammerMadHammer Posts: 34
    edited February 2022

If you have 4.20.0.2 installed you can just move the appropriate .DSX files from AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4 to the Studio4PublicBuild subdirectory to at least get yourself back to how you have the release version setup.

4.20.0.3 Beta does not save layouts for me either so this was the only way I could think to duplicate my setup between the release and beta versions.

Post edited by MadHammer on
  • MadHammer said:

If you have 4.20.0.2 installed you can just move the appropriate .DSX files from AppData/Roaming/DAZ 3D/Studio4 to the Studio4PublicBuild subdirectory to at least get yourself back to how you have the release version setup.

4.20.0.3 Beta does not save layouts for me either so this was the only way I could think to duplicate my setup between the release and beta versions.

Window>Workspace>Save Layout is failing? It worked for me when I tried, and reloaded after loading a different layout.

• is there a way to downgrade

• I too have the abovementioned problem... please help