Help with getting Daz to update after making a change to my Daz Central

A few months ago I needed to put all my assets on an external drive because of space issues on my C drive. I made a change to the base path location, but left the daz studio install location set to its default on my C. Everything works great except that the Daz program no longer updates and I keep getting prompted to install it (I assume on my external drive). I would like to update it now. How can I get Daz to update on my C drive? Do I have to change the base path to match the Daz Studio install location and then back again? Is there a simpler way? 

I received some wonderful help the first time around so I'm hoping that someone can tell me how to do this correctly so I don't cause problems. 

This is my original post.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/534501/help-with-using-daz-central-to-install-assets-to-my-external-hard-drive-and-not-mess-things-up#latest

Thank you in advance for your help!

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

Where is your download path? I moved all my content to a NAS, including the download path, and content still downloads just fine, but I have to temporarily set the download location back to C in order to download and install updates to DS or the bridges.

• Gordig said:

Where is your download path? I moved all my content to a NAS, including the download path, and content still downloads just fine, but I have to temporarily set the download location back to C in order to download and install updates to DS or the bridges.

My download path for the program is C:Daz 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 

The assets are currently set to go to my E drive. 

So, I would need to set the path location back to C:Daz 3D/Applications/64-bit/DAZ 3D/DAZStudio4 ?

I wish I had made a screenshot of what it was before I made the change.

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

That looks like the install path for the program. I mean the location to which Central downloads the packages before installing them.

• FrauBlucherFrauBlucher Posts: 31
    edited February 2022

Gordig said:

That looks like the install path for the program. I mean the location to which Central downloads the packages before installing them.

Please forgive the basic and maybe dumb question. How do I go about finding that? I looked around in the Daz Central files on my C drive, but nothing stood out. 

Edit:

Could it be this?

E:\External Drive Daz Assets\Applications\Data\DAZ 3D\Content Database\ContentCluster

I uninstalled one item through daz central and did a search on my C and E drive but was unable to locate where it is temporarily stored.

Post edited by FrauBlucher on