Updated to 4.20 - Iray preview won't load and rendering test is black screen

Just updated to 4.2 (dumb I know) and now iray preview won't load (endless cycling bar on loading tab). test renders result in a near instantaneous completion with a black screen. The previous sttings seem normal otrherwise.  Any clues as to make things function properly? Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Causam3DCausam3D Posts: 207

I've just heard that mesh lights don't work in 4.20.  Are you relying on mesh lights to illuminate in Iray?  

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,967

Causam said:

I've just heard that mesh lights don't work in 4.20.  Are you relying on mesh lights to illuminate in Iray?  

Mesh lights or Ghost Lights? The original Ghost Lights product has an issue with later versions of Daz Studio/Iray.

Has the OP made sure they have required video driver installed? Ihave just upgraded to 4.20 and I updated graphics driver first to 473.04 I think it was. 

• Causam said:

Loaded and ran the render test with Daz's default lighting...no joy.   

• SimonJM said:

Causam said:

Mesh lights or Ghost Lights? The original Ghost Lights product has an issue with later versions of Daz Studio/Iray.

I'll update GPU drivers also...

Has the OP made sure they have required video driver installed? Ihave just upgraded to 4.20 and I updated graphics driver first to 473.04 I think it was. 

• Updated drivers did the trick.