High smoothing iterations slows down DS tremendously, is there a solution?

I have a number of characters whose clothing needs fixing, particulary the under the breast wrinkle, due to custom breast morphs. To do this I increase the smoothing iterations which works great, except loading and posing now is extremely slow. 
Is there a work around? 

Comments

• PaintboxPaintbox Posts: 1,633

If you have 3D acceleration for your viewport on, it shouldn't be that slow unless it's a very high number. I can crank it to 60 before it becomes troublesome, and that's usually overkill. You can check in preferences in DAZ Studio.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866

Make sure you have Interactive Update OFF in the smoothing parameters.

• Paintbox said:

If you have 3D acceleration for your viewport on, it shouldn't be that slow unless it's a very high number. I can crank it to 60 before it becomes troublesome, and that's usually overkill. You can check in preferences in DAZ Studio.

Do you mean "Display Optimization" in preferences > interface? If so, I have that set to Best. I did indeed need to set the smoothing iterations around 60 which caused horrible load times between poses. Otherwise with lower iterations the wrinkles are pretty bad.  

• barbult said:

Make sure you have Interactive Update OFF in the smoothing parameters.

This seems to help! Curious though, what exactly is going on here? In the preview window, the bad wrinkles are still there, but in the render it seems to apply the smoothing iterations. Can you help me to understand when the smoothing is happening and what this interactive update does?
    Thank you.