Convert G3F to G8F.. and then to G8.1F

Hi guys,

I have a G3F character that I want to convert to G8.1F mostly to make use of the new expressions.
I already converted my G3F character to G8F with success, I saved the G8F as Shaping Preset but when I apply it to a new G8.1F Base everything works except for the head morph.

I guess that a similar topic has been already discussed but I can't find any specific thread about my case where the original morph was G3F.

Could you explain me if it's possible to convert the Head Morph and how to do it?

Thanks!

Comments

• PerttiAPerttiA Posts: 10,013

What does your log say (Help->Troubleshooting->View Log File)

• I've cleared the log and retried to apply the shaping preset to a basic G8.1F, there are not errors or warnings and the head shape remains the basic original...

And if you apply the preset to a (new) basic G8F, the head is also morphed?

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Make a morph.. the Preset is linked to figure type.

Kainjy said:

Make a morph.. the Preset is linked to figure type.

G8 preset should work on G8.1, but...

The preset contains only values for dials (morphs), if there is no dial (morph), there is no visible change

• Mmm that's interesting, if I apply the Shaping Preset to a G8F the Head is not applied, so there is something wrong in my figure.

How did you convert the G3F to G8F?

• KainjyKainjy Posts: 812

Maybe you didn't save the morph in the preset (you saved an empty preset)

• A Shaping Preset will not include the morph itself, only its value - if you want to move it to Genesis 8.1 the only way to do it is by saving as a Morph Asset (a Character Preset can save the actual morph, but it will bring it back in only when used to load a new figure - which would be Genesis 8 still).

• Thank you all for the hint, I've managed to save the head morph and apply it to a new G8.1F!
    The expressions are not perfect but with a little tweak they should look fine.
    @PerttiA: I followed a very long but detailed process found here in the forum.

Thanks again!