dForce Item falling... SIDEWAYS?

I have a clothing item that is not native dForce, but I unfitted it from the character and added a dForce mod to it. It behaves well enough for my purposes, except for one problem. If I just let gravity take over and allow it to fall onto a surface it falls not down along the Y axis but off in some strange sideways direction.

Any clue why this might be happening? All dForce parameters are at default settings and there's no wind node or anything.

Comments

• felisfelis Posts: 4,195

It usually happens if the mesh is too dense, and dForce then is having trouble to distribute the forces.

You can try to add more subframes and see if that can solve the problem.

• IceCrMnIceCrMn Posts: 2,126

Maybe reduce gravity in Simulation Settings?

Can also adjust the friction settings on individual surfaces to help out.

• I imagine it's 'falling sideways' in the +X direction. The same is visible ocurring to the Victoria 3 hair converted to a G8F model in the image below:

It's not exploding is about all I could say for it... It could be that the facets are too close together (below the collision distance) and dForce is trying to fix it. Either way, I didn't find a solution that worked for this model, and just claimed it was windy from the character's right to left.

dForce failures can sometimes be used serendipitously. The non-dForce dress below was caught and rescued as an explosion started. I was able to use it as a 'windy day' image.

Regards,

Richard