Content Library 1-5XX of 2XXX showing...how to fix?

"Content Library 1-5XX of 2XXX showing...how to fix?"
*Looks at clock in local EST*

Good Morning! I hope you're doing well! I'll cut to the chase- I've migrated from Daz 4.11 to 4.15 because I find myself using more G8F Character clothing. I have 1300 G3F characters in and easily increased the icons shown in 4.11 and it stayed.  However, when I go to do the same thing in Daz 4.15 for G8F, and i increase the 1-500 to 2000 of 2000, save my file and close down, it doesn't stay at 2000, it reverts to 500. How can i get this number to stay at 2000 of 2000 so it displayes ALL of the icons all the time?  I don't care about resources required, caching needed... my machine can more than handle it (128 GB of RAM, 2x RTX titans, 2 TB SSD for OS and Daz, independent scratch disk, independent content disk, 1950x processor, etc, etc.)

How do i get this number to stay? is there a hard coded file i need to edit? I'm fine with letting the software take a few seconds to load the cache for all the icons at once- this is my preference and I'd like it to stay.

*is thankful for the autosave feature- the forum 'crashed'*

Thank you! Cheers and have a good day!

Comments

• How are you adjusting the value? As far as I know that requires a script, in which case you can set it to auto-run in Edit>Preferences (for start up or for new scene or for both, as needed).

• mathiasdeckmanmathiasdeckman Posts: 113
    edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

How are you adjusting the value? As far as I know that requires a script, in which case you can set it to auto-run in Edit>Preferences (for start up or for new scene or for both, as needed).

I'm using the little + / - arrows to the right side of the interface, right next to the other button. sorry i don't know what it's called.

I fired up Daz studio 4.11 and increased the icons displayed using those little buttons and closed it immediately after. fired it back up and the value stuck. I closed down 4.11, fired up 4.15, saw the value was partial and increased it to the full amount. closed it down and restarted 4.15. it had reset.  I closed 4.15 and reopened 4.11. 4.11's value stayed, 4.15 resets every time. Is there a particular script i can run to automatically increase the value to maximum for the amount of icons displayed?

EDIT: these are the buttons I use to increase the numbers. I was increasing it just now and figured i'd take a snippet. See the '1836' ? It was at 566. I want it to be at the 2565 every time i open Daz 4.15. 

Post edited by mathiasdeckman on
  • Guess my question isn't important anymore...maybe I'll go ask on facebook.

• An individual was able to give me a script that goes into the 'script IDE' panel and it worked like a charm. Social media works wonders...

o = App.getAssetMgr()o.setMaxItemsPerPage(3000)

• Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,341

mathiasdeckman said:

An individual was able to give me a script that goes into the 'script IDE' panel and it worked like a charm. Social media works wonders...

o = App.getAssetMgr()o.setMaxItemsPerPage(3000)

I did post a very similar script in another thread on this topic.