Adjusting clothes - where are the dials?

I'm using the Coat from Cool Climate for Genesis 2 female, and i'm trying to open the coat on a figure in Daz 4.16. Using my old version of Daz, I used to be able to find dials on the parameters tab(or posing tab).. stuff like "Open coat", "widen waist", "raise collar", etc, but since i've been using the newwer figures and clothing, I can't seem to find these adjustment dials anymore. Is there a new way of doing this, or am i just looking in the wrong place?

Comments

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,885

They should still be there. Do you have the root item selected, and not one of its bones?

• Gordig said:

They should still be there. Do you have the root item selected, and not one of its bones?

Yes, the root item is selected. The only thing i see in the parameters tab that seems to have any effect is "FBMExpandAll". 

You say you're using newer figures. Did you autofit the coat onto a G8F or some such, or are you actually using it on a G2F?

• Gordig said:

You say you're using newer figures. Did you autofit the coat onto a G8F or some such, or are you actually using it on a G2F?

You are correct. The coat is Gen2 , but the figure is Gen8. Does that cause adjustments to not be available?!

The autofit dialogue tends to eliminate morphs, so if you want to preserve those morphs, you'll want to use one of the available converters, or try the scene identification trick: load the item without fitting it to your figure, click on the "hamburger" icon in the parameters pane, go to Edit -> Scene Identification, click on the button next to the drop-down for Preferred Base, and select Genesis 2 Female. After that, try fitting it to your figure. Even doing this to convert items between the virtually identical (aside from default pose) G3 and G8 doesn't always work great, so I can't promise good things going from G2 to G8, but it's worth a shot, and doesn't cost anything.

• Morphs will not be removed by AutoFit, but anything that is driving bones (e.g. in the coat there might be bones for the tails) will cease to function as the bones will be reprojected from the figure it is being fitted to (or some other template).