I need Dforce hair help please

gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

Hi all. I need help with Dforce hair. I know, it sucks and very difficult to use, but it came in a bundle and I figured maybe today will be the day it actually works for me. So far no. Anyhow, I'm trying to get this hair to go behind the characters head and not as it going now. I've tried moving the head back, then just simulating it. Nope. I tried a regular simulation, and this is where its headed. Does anyone have any tips on using this stuff?

Its this hair:

https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-alessiah-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females

Also, does Daz give refunds on certain items from a bundle? This came in the bundle offered and I would gladly give it up for even $1. I hate Dforce hair

THank you all for your time and stay safe out there.

Edit: For whatever reason, the hair takes longer to simulate then to render the entire damn thing. My specs are RTX 3090, 128GB RAM, Ryzen 7 5800x. Maybe I need to upgrade something here.

Screenshot (2).png
3440 x 1436 - 756K
Screenshot (4).png
3444 x 1440 - 855K
Screenshot (7).png
3440 x 1440 - 702K
Post edited by gsil247 on

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,866
    I don't own this product, but I see that it comes with several different simulation presets. Have you tried them already? Sometimes increasing gravity in the simulation settings can help.
  • gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221
    edited February 2022

barbult said:

I don't own this product, but I see that it comes with several different simulation presets. Have you tried them already? Sometimes increasing gravity in the simulation settings can help.

Yes I have. Tried a combination of them while also moving the head back. Still nothing.  

Post edited by gsil247 on
  • FSMCDesignsFSMCDesigns Posts: 12,721

I find dforce hair to usually work very well. You will probably need a more extreme simulation than just the head going back. try the body at a 90 degree angle and then the head back after you get to the final pose with about 20 extra frames just to settle the hair.into place. Make sure you don't have any little detailed things the hair can get caught on like earrings, buttons, etc.

• gsil247gsil247 Posts: 221

FSMCDesigns said:

I find dforce hair to usually work very well. You will probably need a more extreme simulation than just the head going back. try the body at a 90 degree angle and then the head back after you get to the final pose with about 20 extra frames just to settle the hair.into place. Make sure you don't have any little detailed things the hair can get caught on like earrings, buttons, etc.

I tried this. Unfortunately I got similar results. I'm glad Dforce hair works for you, because it has never worked for me.  Dforce clothes yes, but not the hair. Thanks anyways, but I just need to stay away from Dforce hair like I knew I should.

• SpaciousSpacious Posts: 481

Usually there are shaping presets to help get hair to simulate how you want it.  If there aren't any you could try using a dForce wind node to gently blow the hair backward.  Otherwise an animated timeline with the whole figure starting tilted backwards and parallel ar almost parallel to the the ground and standing upright in the middle with some time to settle will probably do the trick.

• PlatnumkPlatnumk Posts: 664
    edited February 2022

1st up set your pose then Select The Hair (not the Cap) in the scene pane,  then goto the Parameters Pane - Actor - Hair - Adjustments and set the "Move Back 1 All" to 100%, Select the Simulation Quality you want, Select the Simulation setting (1,2 or 3) and then Simulate

Screenshot-2.png
    1022 x 1152 - 789K
    Screenshot-3.png
    2186 x 2480 - 2M
    Post edited by Platnumk on
  • Can we make this hair curlier? Can you send more images of this hair rendered? the promo images need more info, more blonde hair I think...

thanks!