Two face shaping morphs with the same name, so one disappears

amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99

I love using the 200 plus head and face morphs for sculpting my own characters. I tend to use them in combination with the generic face and body morphs for Genesis 8 and Genesis 3 fiigures, and the Growing Up Youth morphs.

I noticed, however, that there's an issue with the morphs named 'Chin Depth'. In Genesis 3, the generic face morphs have Chin Depth, and the 200 plus has a 'Chin Depth (alt)'. However, in the Genesis 8 versions of the packages, the 200plus chin depth (alt) is just named 'Chin Depth' causing a clash with the existing Chin Depth morph from the first package.

As a result, the chin depth from 200 plus vanishes and the other Chin Depth is instead labeled '2; Chin Depth'

I have noticed similar issues with other morphs that have been named the same across different packages. So it's not just something limited to this particular example. Is there a way I can resolve the issue? Perhaps by renaming the 200 plus chin-depth as Chin Depth (alt) as it is in the package for Genesis 3? At the moment, Chin Depth is doing strange things when I use the slider for Genesis 8. Presumably because it is adding values to both, although only displaying one.

'Show hidden properties' does not seem to show the lost morph. 

Post edited by amysparkles on

Comments

• If they had the same name they wouldn't work at all - they have the same label. I thought that was fixed - make sure you are using fresh downloads, not an archived copy.

• amysparklesamysparkles Posts: 99
    edited February 2022

Richard Haseltine said:

If they had the same name they wouldn't work at all - they have the same label. I thought that was fixed - make sure you are using fresh downloads, not an archived copy.

Hi Richard,

The 200plus morphs for Genesis 8 were downoaded via DIM. They're actually a relatively recent purchase for Genesis 8 as I have sculpted most of my characters in G3 in the past. With the same morphs, it's easy to convert (most) of them to G8. It's just the 'Chin Depth' morph for Genesis 8 has the same name as the 'Chin Depth' in the base morphs, so one disappears and the other has (2) Chin Depth, often with a <?> value if I've converted over a sculpted character from G3 to G8.

The morph now labeled (2) Chin Depth does not do much other than squash the chin a little rather than extend it out. I think 'Chin Depth' on the base morphs pulls out the chin with positive values, but the chin depth on 200plus is pushing it in, so the two cancel each other out. I think I will ask on the 200plus commercial thread to see if Zev0 has any ideas. I would thnk other people must be experiencing this too.

Post edited by amysparkles on
  • OK, it doesn't look as if there was an update - mine iss till the same. It is fixable, open the parameters pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button, or right-click the tab) and turn off Preferences>Consolidate Properties; with both sliders now available click the gear icon on one (tehd second is 200 Plus for me)>Parameter Settings, then add (alt) to the label and finally turn Consolidate Properties back on (or you won't be able to set proeprties on multiple bones at once). If you do this on the Genesis 8 Developer Load and then use File>Save As>Support Asets>Save Modified Assets you can update the files, assuming you installed through Daz central, Install Manager, or manually; Connect installs will require manually editing the affected file, or saving the asset and copying the file into the Connect install.

• Richard Haseltine said:

OK, it doesn't look as if there was an update - mine iss till the same. It is fixable, open the parameters pane option menu (the lined/hamburger button, or right-click the tab) and turn off Preferences>Consolidate Properties; with both sliders now available click the gear icon on one (tehd second is 200 Plus for me)>Parameter Settings, then add (alt) to the label and finally turn Consolidate Properties back on (or you won't be able to set proeprties on multiple bones at once). If you do this on the Genesis 8 Developer Load and then use File>Save As>Support Asets>Save Modified Assets you can update the files, assuming you installed through Daz central, Install Manager, or manually; Connect installs will require manually editing the affected file, or saving the asset and copying the file into the Connect install.

Perfect. That worked! 

Thank you for sorting it out for me. :)